Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, which NSCer had the ball's to say no to his missus?

Market Porter

Or The Globe
Feb 14, 2008
South Walk
http://www.mirror.co.uk/life-style/kids-and-family/coleen_nolan/2011/07/20/his-sporting-life-is-spoiling-mine-115875-23282316/

:lolol:

His sporting life is spoiling mine
by Coleen Nolan, Daily Mirror 20/07/2011
Decrease font size Increase font size
Dear Coleen,

My partner and I have been living together for 12 years.

During that time differences have cropped up around how much time he spends away from home on sporting activities.

Advertisement >>
I’m not opposed to these at all, as long as he gives me some time and attention.

The problem I have at the moment is that my niece is getting married in August and my sister wants both of us at the wedding.

But he’s refusing to go as the date clashes with an important sporting event, which he doesn’t want to miss. How can I resolve this?

Coleen says..

He’s being selfish and stubborn. If you’ve explained how important this one day is to you and pointed out that you’ve never stopped him doing anything else and he still won’t compromise, then I think there are bigger issues you need to address in your relationship.

The trouble is, he’s used to getting his own way on this.

You need to be less of a pushover and he needs to learn to compromise. At the end of the day, your niece won’t be bothered – she’ll have a great time anyway.

If I were you, I’d pretend you had a blast so he knows he wasn’t missed.

Got a problem for Coleen? Email her at dearcoleen@mirror.co.uk or write to Coleen Nolan, The Daily Mirror, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AP

Read more: His sporting life is spoiling mine - mirror.co.uk
Go Camping for 95p! Vouchers collectable in the Daily and Sunday Mirror until 11th August . Click here for more information

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If I went to the first game at the Amex over a wedding, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't really give a shit if I came home and the missus claimed it was amazing and that there were monkeys on unicycles and a cake made of bacon. I'd have still made the right choice :shrug:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Family is more important than a sporting event? That's obscene!

huge

Mar 23, 2011
My wedding WAS going to be on the day of the Donnie game. I have a new wife now.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Hang on, they didn't specify the "sporting event", that could make all the difference - surely a piss-up would be preferable to a Palace home match for instance.

:thumbsup:

If I went to the first game at the Amex over a wedding, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't really give a shit if I came home and the missus claimed it was amazing and that there were monkeys on unicycles and a cake made of bacon. I'd have still made the right choice :shrug:

Depends who's wedding though.

If i go to the Donnie game over daughters wedding I'm pretty sure i wouldn't have a wife or family to go home to, or even a home to go to.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I might email her and tell her I can't stop fantasizing over her, she if she bloody goes to print with that!!!

Serious?

colll.jpg

Wait a minute, isn't that the EXACT same scenario posted by someone on here a while back (except it's from the female perspective, obviously). I'm sure someone posted to say that his niece was getting married and the wife was harrassing him to go, and it was the same day as the Donny game...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Wait a minute, isn't that the EXACT same scenario posted by someone on here a while back (except it's from the female perspective, obviously). I'm sure someone posted to say that his niece was getting married and the wife was harrassing him to go, and it was the same day as the Donny game...

I was thinking the same as I read it... it must be on here somewhere.

Think that may be me mate.

Daughter getting married on 6th Docaster.
Neice getting married on 27th, P'bro. Although I put my foot down with this one.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Brighton were away at Plymouth on the day we got married (1993, we finished the seaosn in 9th), no great shakes really, it is a wedding after all, I would have been a little disappointed if any Albion supporting friends had chosen that instead of coming to our wedding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here