Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Was it ever fact we were actually in for a 25 million pound striker or was it just hype?

Owen and Naylor said we were and I think it was Owen that said we sent reps to negotiate the transfer. So yes, as certain as one can be, we were in for Nunez.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I believe we can still deal with football league clubs, but not absolutely sure.
I whole heartedly agree, we need someone as an option but absolutely do not want to be held to ransom, and obviously there’s no danger of that happening with Mr Bloom in charge.

After tomorrow can only deal with The football league, no loans between prem and prem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He's absolutely correct. While we might be able to afford 20 million, what we can't do (or we're not willing to do) is pay the wages a top striker costs.

How much better is Callum Wilson than what we have already? How about Ollie Watkins?

This season we've played some amazing footy, scored an average of two goals a game. Yes, we've made some silly errors. Yes, we've been naive at times. But we held are own against Chelsea, losing to a wonder goal and deflection. We outplayed Newcastle away, and won 3-0. We outplayed man utd and got exceptionally unlucky. We came up against a better team in Everton (top three at the end of the season).

Some of the stuff on here is embarrassing.

I’m sorry, Keith, there’s nothing ‘absolutely correct’ about what he’s saying. He’s making ludicrous accusations about other NSC users, he’s read a few comments that he doesn’t agree with and is projecting those views as if they are reflective of the overall mood of Brighton fans. The only embarrassing content in this thread is from Swansman.
Regarding Wilson and Watkins, Wilson is on 3 goals so far and Watkins has just tucked in a hat trick against Liverpool, probably not the best examples you could have chosen :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think you have the wrong club's supporters to be lecturing about club finances. Like really, just stop as it's not doing you any favours whatsoever.

There are significant funds to utilise, we missed out on our main target which would have set us back circa 25M.

The main gripe from our fans is the lack of acquisitional capabilities of our recruitment team for an obvious gaping hole in our squad. It's a valid criticism and I doubt TB is particularly happy about it either.

Who was the main target?!

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
I’m sorry, Keith, there’s nothing ‘absolutely correct’ about what he’s saying. He’s making ludicrous accusations about other NSC users, he’s read a few comments that he doesn’t agree with and is projecting those views as if they are reflective of the overall mood of Brighton fans. The only embarrassing content in this thread is from Swansman.
Regarding Wilson and Watkins, Wilson is on 3 goals so far and Watkins has just tucked in a hat trick against Liverpool, probably not the best examples you could have chosen :lol:

While, the timing of my comment, just minutes before Watkins scores a hat trick is pretty funny. Maupay has scored 4 this season, so i feel my point still stands.

Swansman main point of ' what's better a well run club, or be a club like pompey?' is correct. Frankly, after watching Brighton since 85, I'm really enjoying watching us go toe to toe with big teams in the top league, bringing players through the youth system, and playing in a nice, new stadium. I don't understand how any Brighton fan, isn't enjoying this, and taking more positives than negatives from the season so far.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
While, the timing of my comment, just minutes before Watkins scores a hat trick is pretty funny. Maupay has scored 4 this season, so i feel my point still stands.

Swansman main point of ' what's better a well run club, or be a club like pompey?' is correct. Frankly, after watching Brighton since 85, I'm really enjoying watching us go toe to toe with big teams in the top league, bringing players through the youth system, and playing in a nice, new stadium. I don't understand how any Brighton fan, isn't enjoying this, and taking more positives than negatives from the season so far.

Unfortunate timing indeed.
There isn’t a Brighton fan alive that wants to see us go down the Pompey route which is something Swansman is accusing us of, but I do share what I believe to be a legitimate concern regarding our lack of depth up front. I’m pretty sure nobody is asking for a new striker to replace Maupay, but we’re undeniably in need of is a recognised forward to support Maupay or cover him if the worst was to happen. If anything happens to Neal we’re in so much trouble it’s not even funny.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Unfortunate timing indeed.
There isn’t a Brighton fan alive that wants to see us go down the Pompey route which is something Swansman is accusing us of, but I do share what I believe to be a legitimate concern regarding our lack of depth up front. I’m pretty sure nobody is asking for a new striker to replace Maupay, but we’re undeniably in need of is a recognised forward to support Maupay or cover him if the worst was to happen. If anything happens to Neal we’re in so much trouble it’s not even funny.

Not withstanding the risk of an injured Neal, we need another variant of striker along side him or in rotation. It feels precarious without one...on other days just damn frustrating we don't have another option with the composure to convert chances.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Not withstanding the risk of an injured Neal, we need another variant of striker along side him or in rotation. It feels precarious without one...on other days just damn frustrating we don't have another option with the composure to convert chances.

Absolutely, and we’ve known we’re short in that department for a loooong time. We didn’t even have a striker on the bench yesterday. I love Maupay, I think he’s absolutely perfect for us, but sometimes we need a different option or outlet.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Apart from Ulloa, Hemed, CMS*, Ashley Barnes and Maupay, you mean?

*OK, it didn't work out well for him at Brighton, but he was still a decent striker.
A decent striker that actually scored goals. Not convinced about any of them.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here