Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] So was Tony Soprano right all along...............

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Good call Stat.

I was thinking that hats today is just yer ordinary working class bloke versus someone who can wear a top hat unironically, when, in fact, we need to deeply consider the sad obsessive and, indeed, the hipster w@anker.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
All completely true but does it HAVE to be a baseball cap? Shove an Englishman in a flat cap or a bowler so that we know his class status FFS. Or a trilby. Or beeney.

:moo:

Now this is a very different debate, unfortunately the trilby has been commandeered by weird Incels who watch My Little Pony and who have never spoken to a woman. However I’d firmly support a move away from baseball caps - mainly as despite being 28 I instantly look like a 45 year old divorced dad of 2 who is trying and failing to bond with his teenage son when I wear one.

What’s your take on men being reminded to wear shirts when they go into supermarkets, standards, or their free choice?

I think men should be made to wear tops in supermarkets, largely as I want the odds of somebodies armpit sweat touching my food to be as small as possible. I also don’t think blokes should walk around with their cocks gayly flapping around like a windsock in a stiff breeze before you ask.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good call Stat.

I was thinking that hats today is just yer ordinary working class bloke versus someone who can wear a top hat unironically, when, in fact, we need to deeply consider the sad obsessive and, indeed, the hipster w@anker.

392eeb40a10310bcf33166489262461f.png

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone over the age of 13 wearing a baseball cap deserves a good shoeing.

And if its a NY one, they should be publically flayed in Trafalgar Square.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I’m 65, currently on vacation in the Algarve, and wear an unflattering baseball cap because I am as bald as a coote and don’t want skin cancer. I accept that the sun doesnt shine indoors but I sometimes forget to take it off…which is also a result of me being 65!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All depends on one’s dress sense.

If one shops at M&S and wears their Blue Harbour range, the addition of a shapeless cloth baseball cap perfectly tops off the Miami Pensioner look. You don’t want that if you’re under 65. Perfectly acceptable for the older gentleman.

An overweight and balding 50 yr old in a Hockey Jersey and sports branded SnapBack screams they wish it was still 1998 and Limp Bizkit we’re still Rollin’.

Keep the branding on the down low. Nobody needs to look like a Pole on Pay-day at TKMaxx, yeah?

Then there’s the only way to do it. I enjoy clean, crisp lines when it comes to garms. Keep that beard trim. Laundered cotton shirts done up to the top, a one tone baseball cap with branding detail rather than emblazon can really smash that outfit home. I rock a cap like a ‘kini on the hood of a ‘ghini. Namdayin’?

But let’s not forget that there are always exceptions to the rule. A person with a healthy degree of flair and confidence can carry off any look they choose. They don’t care what others think of them. Admirable.

But if you slide a cap up in the restaurant I’m in? You ain’t eating at my table. I don’t want you to starve but I ain’t passing you my bread, get me?

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If any man needs to be told to put a shirt on before entering a shop or bar, then the only way to tell them is with a shovel to the head.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
All depends on one’s dress sense.

If one shops at M&S and wears their Blue Harbour range, the addition of a shapeless cloth baseball cap perfectly tops off the Miami Pensioner look. You don’t want that if you’re under 65. Perfectly acceptable for the older gentleman.

An overweight and balding 50 yr old in a Hockey Jersey and sports branded SnapBack screams they wish it was still 1998 and Limp Bizkit we’re still Rollin’.

Keep the branding on the down low. Nobody needs to look like a Pole on Pay-day at TKMaxx, yeah?

Then there’s the only way to do it. I enjoy clean, crisp lines when it comes to garms. Keep that beard trim. Laundered cotton shirts done up to the top, a one tone baseball cap with branding detail rather than emblazon can really smash that outfit home. I rock a cap like a ‘kini on the hood of a ‘ghini. Namdayin’?

But let’s not forget that there are always exceptions to the rule. A person with a healthy degree of flair and confidence can carry off any look they choose. They don’t care what others think of them. Admirable.

But if you slide a cap up in the restaurant I’m in? You ain’t eating at my table. I don’t want you to starve but I ain’t passing you my bread, get me?

Is this the Mondat Drinking thread(s)?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone over the age of 13 wearing a baseball cap deserves a good shoeing.

And if its a NY one, they should be publically flayed in Trafalgar Square.

Agreed. And I’m first in the queue to give this particular buffoon (seen here blowing his own trumpet as ever) a damn good booting-to-the-balls.

d0cd17181e1a3b4465768e5baf23dbd1.jpg

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I think men should be made to wear tops in supermarkets, largely as I want the odds of somebodies armpit sweat touching my food to be as small as possible. I also don’t think blokes should walk around with their cocks gayly flapping around like a windsock in a stiff breeze before you ask.

Over to you Whitechapel?

> Entirely ignores my reply to you
> Finds another reply to me which is completely whataboutery
> Entirely ignores my reply to the other post

It’s almost like you realise that ‘hats = bad’ isn’t a compelling argument :wink:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

It’s almost like you realise that ‘hats = bad’ isn’t a compelling argument :wink:

Manners was more the argument and I guess we'll just have to disagree .

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

My reply to you wasn’t whataboutery, but a question on standards.

Not wearing a hat indoors, in public is by some, seen as a level of a “standard” or maybe even good manners, as is wearing a shirt when shopping, and not just about getting sweat on your food!!!

As per always on NSC we can but agree to disagree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here