[Albion] So Tomorrow If Those Scousers Boo the National Anthem........

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Because it’s shit and all about being worshipping and being subservient to a family who are our masters for no reason other than bloodlines.

If the anthem was actually about celebrating the country, then booing it would be different. It’s not though.
I see. I liken booing the anthem to booing the country itself. I couldn’t bring myself to do that, because when my great-grandfather moved here from a war torn nation they allowed my family to prosper.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As previously mentioned, tribal rivalry will probably mean Everton fans will mainly do the opposite of their red neighbours.

In the same way we will never see a group of twats, clad in black, waving flags behind the North stand goal.

BTW .. great trolling from the Royal concert at Windsor doing never walk
As previously mentioned, tribal rivalry will probably mean Everton fans will mainly do the opposite of their red neighbours.

In the same way we will never see a group of twats, clad in black, waving flags behind the North stand goal.

BTW .. great trolling from the Royal concert at Windsor doing never walk alone :thumbsup:
Given that some Everton fans booed during the minute’s silence for the Queen I’m not sure you’re right. It’s a city of Liverpool thing, rather than a club thing.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
I wonder how many would boo if Andrew were king?

Personally I only boo Dick TIGHT for sacking Dean (Swoon) Wilkins

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Belt it out with pride and passion as always 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Won’t be able to hear the oddballs hopefully if there are any.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I’ll leave it to you and your English national anthem whether to boo. It will never be a national anthem in Scotland - a song that talks about ‘crushing’ part of the so called British nation is not and cannot be a true British National Anthem

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Because it’s shit and all about being worshipping and being subservient to a family who are our masters for no reason other than bloodlines.

If the anthem was actually about celebrating the country, then booing it would be different. It’s not though.

Charlie the 3rd is well on message re climate change and diversity, if you wait a few years the anthem will probably change to a happy clappy meaningless dirge.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The government of this country literally planned a forced decline of the city of Liverpool at one point in the not too distant past, and Everton fans still have to live with the tired stereotypes being trotted out by the rest of the country on a semi-regular basis. Anybody who think Everton fans won’t boo is probably a bit naive. Will it be as loudly as Liverpool fans? No. But It’ll happen.

Fair play to them too. Blind patriotism should be reserved for people from boring soulless towns without their own identity. I can kind of understand why somebody from Stoke or Milton Keynes would want to cling to some kind of identity like a limpet. But somebody from somewhere as unique and vibrant as Brighton or Liverpool? No thanks.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I see. I liken booing the anthem to booing the country itself. I couldn’t bring myself to do that, because when my great-grandfather moved here from a war torn nation they allowed my family to prosper.
I think that's the point though, the national anthem isn't a celebration of country it is specifically about saving one particular member of that country (who, let's face it already has plenty of resources dedicated to keeping them saved). Lots of people in the UK are Republicans and even more atheist or agnostic. It is really hard for those types to connect with the song.

Surely time for an update.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I love the fact we live in a country where you are free to BOO the National Anthem if you wish, for a couple of reasons.

A) I’m a big believer in freedom of speech.

B) it identifies in a heart beat who I’d trust to have my back in a ruck.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I’ll leave it to you and your English national anthem whether to boo. It will never be a national anthem in Scotland - a song that talks about ‘crushing’ part of the so called British nation is not and cannot be a true British National Anthem
The government of this country literally planned a forced decline of the city of Liverpool at one point in the not too distant past, and Everton fans still have to live with the tired stereotypes being trotted out by the rest of the country on a semi-regular basis. Anybody who think Everton fans won’t boo is probably a bit naive. Will it be as loudly as Liverpool fans? No. But It’ll happen.

Fair play to them too. Blind patriotism should be reserved for people from boring soulless towns without their own identity. I can kind of understand why somebody from Stoke or Milton Keynes would want to cling to some kind of identity like a limpet. But somebody from somewhere as unique and vibrant as Brighton or Liverpool? No thanks.
Good post.

Those lazy stereotypes are echoed on here as soon as anything to do with Liverpool is mentioned.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I love the fact we live in a country where you are free to BOO the National Anthem if you wish, for a couple of reasons.

A) I’m a big believer in freedom of speech.

B) it identifies in a heart beat who I’d trust to have my back in a ruck.

Can you explain point B in more detail?

How does one thing inform the other?

Last question, when has this identifier been useful to you?

Tybalt

Jul 1, 2009
Haywards Heath
Hope not, Newcastle fans put on a great show today, we shouldn't assume a large percentage of our supporters are as wanky as Liverpool or Celtic.

I live in hope that the vast majority of our supporter base haven’t got the same desperate need to show how edgy and different they are by booing our national anthem.
I live in hope that the vast majority of our support base don’t have the desperate need to support an out of date, hereditary power based racist and rapist supporting family but maybe that’s just me. I thought we hated Palace.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Belt it out with pride and passion as always
I’m pleased you boooo with such gusto.
Won’t be able to hear the oddballs hopefully if there are any.
I’m sure there will be a few royal fans but yeah, let’s drown them out boooooooooooooo!

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
It wasn't so long ago the God Save Our Team was a regular rendition from the stands.
God knows Everton need saving. They should sing it loud and proud.
God save the King.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
I live in hope that the vast majority of our support base don’t have the desperate need to support an out of date, hereditary power based racist and rapist supporting family but maybe that’s just me. I thought we hated Palace.
*NEWSFLASH* the royals have no actual power they are just a politically neutral figure head for our country representing a bit of continuity in a fast changing world. Hands up who would prefer El Presidente Boris Johnson/Tony Blair?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports