Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Stephen Ward was ours for the asking all summer...........

Jan 10, 2014
Interesting story about Dyche being 24 hours from joining Sunderland before Advocaat changed his mind about the job.

This makes Ward's Burnley future a little less stable.

Interesting in the sense that the story is a load of balls.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting in the sense that the story is a load of balls.

"And the Daily Star Sunday understands Dyche was set to take over at Sunderland". And this in a story from Paul Hetherington, a bloke billed by Sky's football journalist show 'The Sunday Supplement' as having his finger on the pulse re football in the North-East.

You wonder whether talks hadn't begun but Hetherington asked Dyche whether he'd take the Sunderland job if offered.

I could see it going tits up with Advocaat at Sunderland by the autumn. He was obviously in two minds about taking the job, he wanted the Belgium job and loves international football management, and Sunderland have a track record of sacking managers mid-season. I hope for Burnley's sake Dyche doesn't "do a McLaren".

Jan 10, 2014
It's no secret that someone within Sunderland would have liked Dyche in.

However saying that Dyche was 24 hours away from being Sunderland manager was a load of balls. No contact was made at Burnley, Dyche was on holiday when someone put a fiver on him to be next manager at Sunderland which started all this off.

Dyche won't do a McClaren, I can guarantee that. When he leaves he will leave properly and with best wishes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All the papers are reporting it so there must be an element of truth although he has failed at most clubs so rather surprised if Sunderland chased him. He has found his niche so should stick with Burnley. unless you are not within promotion range at Christmas when he will be sacked probably. As regards Ward I just hope we are more pro active than last summer.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's no secret that someone within Sunderland would have liked Dyche in.

However saying that Dyche was 24 hours away from being Sunderland manager was a load of balls. No contact was made at Burnley, Dyche was on holiday when someone put a fiver on him to be next manager at Sunderland which started all this off.

Dyche won't do a McClaren, I can guarantee that. When he leaves he will leave properly and with best wishes.

While I'm sure you have more knowledge of what's going on at Burnley than most of us, I'm also sure you are unlikely to know everything that is going on there, and thus there may have been contact of which you are unaware.

Secondly, what do you mean by 'he will leave properly, not do a mclaren'? McLaren was sacked. Surely leaving now, while the players are on holiday giving the club a chance to bring in someone else before they return for pre-season is more proper than almost any other point in the football calender?

Jan 10, 2014
While I'm sure you have more knowledge of what's going on at Burnley than most of us, I'm also sure you are unlikely to know everything that is going on there, and thus there may have been contact of which you are unaware.

Secondly, what do you mean by 'he will leave properly, not do a mclaren'? McLaren was sacked. Surely leaving now, while the players are on holiday giving the club a chance to bring in someone else before they return for pre-season is more proper than almost any other point in the football calender?

Messing Derby about on whether he was staying or going to Newcastle, which in turn affected what was going on the pitch, hence the sacking.

If Dyche gets another offer, we'll know about it and he will handle it properly. He's a class act.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All the papers are reporting it so there must be an element of truth although he has failed at most clubs so rather surprised if Sunderland chased him.

Sean Dyche has only managed TWO clubs. He got Watford to the top half of the Championship for the first time in five years, before getting harshly replaced, purely because the new Italian owners wanted an Italian manager, and then moved to Burnley who he got up to the Premier League! Where and when did he 'fail'??

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
although he has failed at most clubs so rather surprised if Sunderland chased him.

What?

Do you know another Dyche?

He took Watford to their highest finish in several years, before being replaced because of new owners. He then took Burnley up despite being one of the favourites for relegation.

Jan 10, 2014
He has done very well for Burnley so logically he should stick with them rather than be too ambitious. His previous record before Burnely wasnt good. Howe realised when he was well off and went back to Bournemouth Dyche should do the same and stay there.

He had one season at Watford who were under a transfer embargo, he managed to get them their highest finish in 3 seasons (Mackay and Rodgers were before him).

He then went doing a bit of coaching with the England U21's before coming to Burnley.

I'd say that he'd done well.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He has done very well for Burnley so logically he should stick with them rather than be too ambitious. His previous record before Burnely wasnt good. Howe realised when he was well off and went back to Bournemouth Dyche should do the same and stay there.

Please just stop commenting on anything. Clueless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here