Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Rooney goes to Everton.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I really don't understand this sort of attitude. He was a boyhood Everton fan. Why do you think that should have changed? Surely everyone knew he went to Utd to win trophies, which he did. Pretty much every footballer ends up not playing for their boyhood club. Not sure why you think his remark is trashing his Utd career.

Of course Everton is his team as a supporter as well as a forthcoming second stint.

Professional footballers are employed by many teams over their careers and" kiss the shirt" when they start at a new club. They will still have loyalty to the team they support (as do all supporters) but his "honesty" is a little naive in my opinion. He's basically saying that over the past thirteen years at Man Utd where to say the least he's had a good career and achieved many things and won many trophies but he's trashed that in my opinion by saying his heart was in Everton all the while he was turning out for Utd.

I think it's disrespectful to Man Utd who provided him with his career and enabled him to win trophies. (Though he's saying what a lot of players privately think).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I for one am delighted he's joinging Everton, I would have been dissapointed If i did not get to see him play us at the Amex.

A top top player.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Rooney is a busted flush these days. He's got nothing anymore. I honestly don't think he would stand out in the Championship now. He certainly wouldn't score many goals. It's at least two or three years since he beat a man, scored goals consistently or was able to open up the opposition. He's just a passenger now in whatever role he plays. I predict he won't even be in the Everton team by Christmas.

If he'd gone anywhere else I'd agree, but not so sure at Everton. He's got more money than he'll ever need, but if he has unfinished business and genuinely believes his own "once a blue" tweet, he might just have a Roger Federer type renaissance. It's all about proving that he has that hunger to prove his worth at a club he proclaims has never left his heart.

If I was an Evertonian, I'd be of the opinion that the proof is in the pudding. If he proves to be fat, shit and expensive, he'll go down as one of the least popular Everton players ever. If he turns into the footballing equivalent of the Fed, he'll be lauded as a returning hero.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Not in the least bit interested in him .

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I was just reading that from the Lukaku sale Everton want to sign Sigurdsson for £35 million. Now I really rate Sigurdsson but 35 mil?? A couple of years ago this would have been right up there with transfer records

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I was just reading that from the Lukaku sale Everton want to sign Sigurdsson for £35 million. Now I really rate Sigurdsson but 35 mil?? A couple of years ago this would have been right up there with transfer records

Been quoted £50 million. Sigurdsson is a decent player but £50 million. Insane the prices of footballers.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I for one am delighted he's joinging Everton, I would have been dissapointed If i did not get to see him play us at the Amex.

A top top player.

October 14, 2017 at the Amex. My first Albion Prem match with have Wayne Rooney visiting Brighton. Fantastic!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wayne Rooney says he has "unfinished business" at Everton.

Despite the fact that she is now in her 80s.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
ford_ka.jpg

Where it all started :shrug:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Everton can get Rooney and Barkley playing well in tandem they could push for Top 4. However, that's a big 'if' and the reality is more likely to be selling Lukaku to Man Utd will do for their season and squeeze them out of a top 4 spot.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Spurs could dip at Wembley, I don't think Liverpool are all that and Man Utd without Zlatan, Rooney so Lukaku has to deliver. Has he got the providers to give him the ammo?Arsenal's FA Cup win papered over the cracks and half of Arsenal fans think Wenger should have resigned already. There are certainly question marks over a number of teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here