Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, over 700 dead......

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The reality is, no one can prove or disprove Gods existence.

hair spliting, but grammar is very important to get terms and definitions set: is that the existance of God, or the existance of gods? the former is easy to disprove, the second difficult to disprove. either can easily be proven by God or gods, which absence of this evidence goes along way to disprove the former.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
No, what made you think that?

Genesis 1:27 prehaps? you can have Genesis 5:1 and 9:6 too, and theres numerous other references.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
the former is easy to disprove, the second difficult to disprove. either can easily be proven by God or gods, which absence of this evidence goes along way to disprove the former.

Not picking on you, beorhthelm, just interesting questions raised :)

How do you disprove the existence of God?

How does lack of evidence go a long way to disprove it as well?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
My God knows everything

im touched by your sentiments. but to your first draft as quoted, if your God know everything, why does he not do anything to intervene?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Define your God and we'll begin.

OK, that's fair but not easy to describe as for me as it is not a mental concept but a feeling and experience.

"An intelligent, ultimate source, of everything that is experienced by the whole existence as completely pure unconditional love (and everything that comes from that i.e.compassion, joy, bliss, happiness, peace, calm, gratitude etc etc) that exceeds our level of consciousness by infinity and then some and all is encompassed within it." is the short answer :) for the purpose of this conversation.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
OK, that's fair but not easy to describe as for me as it is not a mental concept but a feeling and experience.

"An intelligent, ultimate source, of everything that is experienced by the whole existence as completely pure unconditional love (and everything that comes from that i.e.compassion, joy, bliss, happiness, peace, calm, gratitude etc etc) that exceeds our level of consciousness by infinity and then some and all is encompassed within it." is the short answer :) for the purpose of this conversation.

If it is unconditional love them could you address why it has allowed so much hate to be conducted in its name.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

so why does your God allow pain and suffering? why is a child born with illness or deformity? not very compassionate. why does your God allow conflict and war? not very peacful or calm. or are you suggesting that he doesnt have knowledge of or power to do anything about these?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hey this is our mess. Does the hate come from unconditional love? No

If you have unconditional love you don't stand by and watch those you love tear each other apart. Especially when you could easily change it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here