Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, over 700 dead......

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
so Alaska doesnt exist because you havent seen it? the difference between the micro world or Alaska and God is that for the former there is evidence or you can see them for youself. for the latter there is no evidence whatsoever.

The micro world didn't exist a couple of hundred years ago. It came into being when some scientist discovered it :)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Nothing to do with God.

Everything to do with human crowd control (sic) of 2 million people, roughly 7 times the population of Brighton and Hove, in a comparatively small geographical area.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think all of us can agree that any correct thinking person will outright reject the idea of "god" in any form

I think all of us can agree that any correct thinking person will outright consider you to be a knob head.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I would say this is slightly insulting :) My view in no way damages moderate religion or strengthens extreme religion. I think it is actually quite healthy.

p.s. I didn't find that link helpful tbh.

I love what this little girl is preaching though;

https://youtu.be/vm0UNn7tJ5o

Sorry, wasn't meant to be insulting in any way. Your use of absolute language in this thread has lead me to think that it was quite likely that you didn't have knowledge of the nuances of different churches and types of belief.

That link contains many stories and a list of churches that don't hold dogmatic views. Those stories contain actions and comments against extreme religion, which you said you hadn't seen.
Many (probably just about all) of the people that worship at those churches don't view science as 'the enemy'.

Jul 21, 2015
The liberal media never show how Muslims treat their dead. Saudi Arabia treat their dead like our rubbish tips.

Mod edit: Image deleted - minors view this website - please take that into consideration before posting images.

Last edited by a moderator:

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Everything to do with god as all those tragically no longer with us believe Allah is all knowing, all powerful, therefore this tragedy is ..... gods will ?
Knowledge and power is vastly different from will, thats just common sense. Because you dont actively stop something it doesn't mean you want it to happen.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Knowledge and power is vastly different from will, thats just common sense. Because you dont actively stop something it doesn't mean you want it to happen.

Are you saying an all knowing, all powerful God would have let 700 people die by accident or as part of some greater plan ? Any talk of common sense when discussing belief in god is problematic.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Sorry, wasn't meant to be insulting in any way. Your use of absolute language in this thread has lead me to think that it was quite likely that you didn't have knowledge of nuances of different churches and types of belief.

That link contains many stories and a list of churches that don't hold dogmatic views. Those stories contain actions and comments against extreme religion, which you said you hadn't seen.
Many (probably just about all) of the people that worship at those churches don't view science as 'the enemy'.

Absolute language caused you to believe I was ignorant :) Give me an example of where I have been guilty of this crime ??? I thought it was only the Bible instructions that used absolute language. At worst all I do is express an opinion with conviction, then it's up to anyone reading, or misreading to understand the point or not.

Regarding your point though, there are hundreds of different Christian branches, so to choose one I would imagine that you would have to study them all first. If you don't agree with any of them you can even start your own. Some early Christian sects do not believe in the resurrection and some even put Mary on par with if not above Jesus, and they are the ones that hold the true message.

Science v Church is quite a large topic, but you have affirmed it was historically incompatible and religion has moved on from those dark days. Churches have had to embrace it but they would always say that God made the Higgs boson particle anyway. Science will discover things and then the “made by God” is stamped on the package.

I hope this is not too absolute for you :shrug:

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Absolute language caused you to believe I was ignorant :) Give me an example...

I hope this is not too absolute for you :shrug:

... My view in no way damages moderate religion...

2000 years later Christianity has developed into the exact type of organisation he was fiercely against. If he was passing us a message from God, or just a personal message, the Christian faith missed it in its entirety....

God, religion or any belief system is a reaction to the fear of death and hope for an afterlife and help when in desperate need.

People who believe in God today are so far removed from the God they want to believe in.

There's a few from the last few pages of this thread, there's more in the earlier pages that more directly lump all religions together.

Anyway, i'm happy your belief system works for you, it won't for all though - we're all different after all. Brain physiology show's us this.

Have another look at the PCN website, there's lots of stories there of churches and people that would appear to be contradicting your view of religious types.

http://www.pcnbritain.org.uk/

Maybe lumping all religious types into the same bucket is wrong? Maybe there is more nuance to it that you realise.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
There's a few from the last few pages of this thread, there's more in the earlier pages that more directly lump all religions together.

Anyway, i'm happy your belief system works for you, it won't for all though - we're all different after all. Brain physiology show's us this.

Have another look at the PCN website, there's lots of stories there of churches and people that would appear to be contradicting your view of religious types.

http://www.pcnbritain.org.uk/

Maybe lumping all religious types into the same bucket is wrong? Maybe there is more nuance to it that you realise.

Oh I see, you would prefer me to write "In my opinion" at the start of every sentence. In my view everything that we hear and read is an opinion so I am not sure what the issue is.

In my opinion I have only shared my view on religion, not religious types, but regardles of that I believe you have overlooked 2/3 of my last comment which was responding to your assumption of my ignorance of nuances between different churches and types of belief, plus a response to your science v church comment.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I believe in God, so that when I'm on my death bed, I will have hope there will be something of me that still goes on .An atheist will not have the same comfort in this situation.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I believe in God, so that when I'm on my death bed, I will have hope there will be something of me that still goes on .An atheist will not have the same comfort in this situation.

an atheist doesnt need such a crutch.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

i will take comfort in not having to spend eternity with such a prick

worm food for me,nutrients back into the soil,food for life.........sounds perfect

i might go for the blaze of glory option though........same result,i wont be fussed either way afterwards

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i will take comfort in not having to spend eternity with such a prick

worm food for me,nutrients back into the soil,food for life.........sounds perfect

i might go for the blaze of glory option though........same result,i wont be fussed either way afterwards

Exactly. Eternal life comes from our goodness going back to the soil to help recreate life. Takes in eternal life and reincarnation. Never bought this 'nothing happens to athiests when they die' cobblers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here