Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it's Wednesday then

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ideally Boro will have the championship sewn up before our game leading to a Leicester type performance when we smashed them 4-1 at the end of 2013/14.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have to disagree I think at best Burnley will get 3 from 6 against Boro and Preston and conceivably maybe either 1 or 2 points so for me 2nd place is still favourite
Even if Burnley only get 2 points, and win their last 2 games, we'll still have to win all 4 games to be above them. So no, 2nd isn't most likely.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ideally Boro will have the championship sewn up before our game leading to a Leicester type performance when we smashed them 4-1 at the end of 2013/14.

This is my hope. Ideally they will smash Burnley on Tuesday opening up a big enough gap for Boro to be promoted before the last game.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

Quite right. And Derby will have no chance of finishing 3rd or 6th so will simply just be jostling for 4th or 5th with Hull. They'll rest key players and we'll stroll to a 3-0 victory ��

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
removing the blue tinted glasses and looking at stone cold facts, without emotion has us playing Sheffield Wednesday in the play off semis.

Where are these 'stone cold facts'?
I'd like to take a look.

We're currently 3rd favourite to go up, but the odds will swing dramatically on Tuesday, if we win.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
None of us know. No one has blinked yet. We know we can close the gap on one if not both with a win against QPR. Thats all we can do. Reassess after Tuesday and look forward to the weekend. Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Most if not all of the teams Brighton,Boro and Burnley(The BBB.Geddit?) are playing are against teams that have more or less
nothing to play for(not including games against each other).They will not be relegated or as with Ipswich need a minor miracle to be in the play-offs.As for Derby,they can't finish in the top 2 and will be in the play-offs.

Am surprised no games live on Sky on Tuesday especially of course Burnley v Boro.

Brighton v QPR is now simply massive.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I have great belief that Burnley's season is going to go tits up this week with losses against Boro and their Lancashire rivals, Preston on Friday. (Fingers crossed anyway!)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not even thinking about the play-offs. Until when and if we can't mathematically go up automatically, I'm not even considering the play-offs. And I hope the team aren't either!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
its difficult to see Wednesday not finishing 6th
They're only 4 points behind Derby, still have Derby to play, and Derby have to come to ours. Or if Sheffield lose to Derby, they could also lose to Cardiff who are 5 points back. Wednesday most likely, but not done and dusted yet.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Of course we can go up automatically but removing the blue tinted glasses and looking at stone cold facts, without emotion has us playing Sheffield Wednesday in the play off semis.

This scenario would be the shortest priced outcome with that bookies (if they took bets on such things)

I would suggest the second most likely scenario is us nicking second place and the very distant third most likely scenario is us playing Derby in the semis.

I can't foresee a situation where we finish outside the top 3 and its difficult to see Wednesday not finishing 6th

Why do you bother?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I've heard from a very good source, the footballing gods want us promoted to the Prem, as champions, this season.

It'll be 20 years since the York city pitch invasion. Everyone should enjoy the ride. There's a beautiful story which needs to be finished...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here