Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So is Lallana coming back into our setup

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Only if he does it for free to pay us back for what he's sponged off the club during his non-playing 4 years at the club. His unavailability this season has cost us as much as the actual players we can rely on being fit and ready to play.
I think it was pretty easy to see what he brings to the group when he was subbed off, I was taken by suprise a bit by the reaction of the other players when he left the field. They all know what he brings on and off the pitch

I am a big fan of Lallana. Hope he returns in some capacity soon

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think it was pretty easy to see what he brings to the group when he was subbed off, I was taken by suprise a bit by the reaction of the other players when he left the field. They all know what he brings on and off the pitch

Can absolutely see him back soon - maybe a year managing U18s (Calde moving up for example) or 21s (possibly a bit of game time like Crofts did) to get his pro licence hours in................believe a longer term coaching role was part of his reason for coming in the first place

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I was assumeing he'd be off to Stains to play next season. But if this wasn't just his last game for us but his last game in an illustrious career, it would explain the send off.

I’m not sure he’d be that popular with the Stains fans. He didn’t leave on the best of terms when he went to Liverpool and the Stains fans have booed him pretty much every time they played each other. Has elements of Cucurella or Caicedo to Chelsea about it.

Man Utd only really got a foothold in the game when he went off. We were by far the better team up until that point. His leadership on and off the pitch, his ability to organise and talk his team mates through the game will be a huge loss.

Was very touching to see how his team mates reacted when he went off, clearly a very popular player in the squad.

I get the feeling that his reaction as coming off, he was clearly crying and the way he fell to the floor after that shot of his was blocked, that was his last game and he knows he will be announcing his retirement soon.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
His leadership on and off the pitch, his ability to organise and talk his team mates through the game will be a huge loss.

Was very touching to see how his team mates reacted when he went off, clearly a very popular player in the squad.

I get the feeling that his reaction as coming off, he was clearly crying and the way he fell to the floor after that shot of his was blocked, that was his last game and he knows he will be announcing his retirement soon.
⬆️ this ⬆️

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
After the recent 2hr plus meeting with Potter in a cafe in Hove, I think it’s nailed on that he’ll join our former manager in his next project. I’m convinced of this.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why do some have an issue in just saying good bye thanks for the memories and move on. I feel the club also take to long to axe players who are at the end of their game. Welbeck a two year deal, Milner just get rid he’s useless now gets a new deal. How many sides above us have pensioners kicking a ball about makes no sense.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
After the recent 2hr plus meeting with Potter in a cafe in Hove, I think it’s nailed on that he’ll join our former manager in his next project. I’m convinced of this.
If Potter (with no caps) gets the England job, he'll need to have some international experience in the staff (I don't think Billy Reid played in any World Cups), perfect role for Lallana as he could probably combine it with playing in a lower division.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He literally said he wanted to be closer to his family. So no. Bournemouth is very very far away, it's basically a different time zone, so there's no way he's doing that commute every day for work.
Not a million miles, true, but it is a bloody tedious and time-consuming journey for a commute.
Also I get Sami Hyypia vibes whenever I think about players taking their first steps into management. Shudder.
Alan Mullery vibes are also available - and he had less managerial experience than Sami!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here