Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So if Trump wins next Tuesday will all the liberal lefties bang on and on about a re-vote?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
No! Of course they won't. Why? It's called DEMOCRACY that's why.

Trump and Brexit are just what the world needs. A bloody good shake up.

Thanks hb&b - that is several hours of my life that I willl get back if and when Trump wins.
I have been thoroughly intellectually outgunned on this point and no longer feel I can justify wasting my time posting on this topic.

BTW do you think it would be helpful if more people stopped posting their opinions, once it is established they are clearly out of their depth intellectually ?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Bless, so many people struggling to grasp the difference between an election and a little pole to see who wanted to leave the EU. Now the government will have to go to the European court to get it over turned. Priceless to hear all the quitters wet themselves today !!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I love the irony that Brexiters continue to shout that everyone should shut up now and respect the vote of the 52%, whilst ignoring the fact that the reason that we had a referendum was because after they lost one in the 1970s, they didn't stop banging on about it for forty years!

We had no vote going in to the then common market and we had a loss in the 1975 technically we never joined? maybe (might raise it at the high court) or face to face with the queen :lolol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yes.

But only the Mods have the power to make the decision legally binding.

Bozza could take the matter into his own hands regarding HBB being banned. NSC is a Dictatorship (although in very fair and safe hands). The mods do their bit to help him. The unruly posters could have their referendum on HBB but it would hold no sway.

We had no vote going in to the then common market and we had a loss in the 1975 technically we never joined? maybe (might raise it at the high court) or face to face with the queen :lolol:

There was a 6 day Parliamentary debate about EC entry just over 45 years ago. This determined conditions of entry.
Theresa May wanted full control, without debate, of conditions of exit, hence today's ruling. This supposed Lady is for turning already. Titanic moments indeed Boris.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What, so they don't matter? You say convenient I say factual.

no, if they dont vote, they chose not to have any say on the outcome. you certainly dont get to claim them for your side of the argument.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Bozza could take the matter into his own hands regarding HBB being banned. NSC is a Dictatorship (although in very fair and safe hands). The mods do their bit to help him. The unruly posters could have their referendum on HBB but it would hold no sway.

There was a 6 day Parliamentary debate about EC entry just over 45 years ago. This determined conditions of entry.
Theresa May wanted full control, without debate, of conditions of exit, hence today's ruling. This supposed Lady is for turning already. Titanic moments indeed Boris.

6 days? the Referendum Act of 2015 lasted about 9 months and passed 2 votes/readings......

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
6 days? the Referendum Act of 2015 lasted about 9 months and passed 2 votes/readings......

Yes but we all know Heath was against joining a common market but was forced to by powers, above Parliament, who had knowledge of sailing trips to children's homes in the Channel Islands where Jimmy Savile just happened to be at the same time. Le Haut of the tip of my tongue and how many dead children are linked to that home?

Maybe non Brexit is an issue being dealt with outside of Parliament. Now where did I put my foil helmet........

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
no, if they dont vote, they chose not to have any say on the outcome. you certainly dont get to claim them for your side of the argument.

Still doesn't change the fact that 60% of the electorate didn't vote for Brexit. Hardly the 'overwhelming democratic outcome' that Brexiters claim it to be.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Still doesn't change the fact that 60% of the electorate didn't vote for Brexit. Hardly the 'overwhelming democratic outcome' that Brexiters claim it to be.
But then by that token more than 60% didn't vote to remain. You can spin all you like, surely you've run out of toys to throw from your pram by now?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
But then by that token more than 60% didn't vote to remain. You can spin all you like, surely you've run out of toys to throw from your pram by now?

It's my future and I'll throw every single damn toy I wish if I want. Brexit wasn't a football result that in the grand sceme of things doesn't really matter. It's a potentially life changing decision. By the logic of 'stop throwing your toys out of the pram' there'd be no point in having a shadow cabinet.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's my future and I'll throw every single damn toy I wish if I want. Brexit wasn't a football result that in the grand sceme of things doesn't really matter. It's a potentially life changing decision. By the logic of 'stop throwing your toys out of the pram' there'd be no point in having a shadow cabinet.
Yes, Brexit was a life changing vote just as entering the common market was a life changing moment. What's your point?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Yes, Brexit was a life changing vote just as entering the common market was a life changing moment. What's your point?

The point is the whole 'throwing toys of your pram' remark is utterly childish. Just because Leave won the referendum doesn't mean those of us who disagree with Brexit have to like it and not challenge it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes but we all know Heath was against joining a common market but was forced to by powers, above Parliament, who had knowledge of sailing trips to children's homes in the Channel Islands where Jimmy Savile just happened to be at the same time. Le Haut of the tip of my tongue and how many dead children are linked to that home?

Maybe non Brexit is an issue being dealt with outside of Parliament. Now where did I put my foil helmet........

with regards to the Jimmy Saville bit i would not know,however Parliament is way down the pecking order in the grand scheme of things,i would imagine.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The point is the whole 'throwing toys of your pram' remark is utterly childish. Just because Leave won the referendum doesn't mean those of us who disagree with Brexit have to like it and not challenge it.
So you think your comments regarding the vote result were well thought out? You were simply having a strop because you don't like Brexit. All that about 60% didn't vote Brexit, you well know that our governments are elected in very similar situations. If you were seriously trying to make a point, then I take back that remark and apologise. However, if you were simply petulant then my remark holds.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

If Trump wins, the world might get a bigger shake up than anyone wants.

Nagasakibomb.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If Parliament votes not to invoke article 50, will the Brexiteers be happy that the sovereignty of British Parliament is intact, and get over it, move on, make the best of it etc.?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here