Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So...are Raheem Sterling and Harry Kane going to play like this at the World Cup?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Course not

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
NO
They will be burnt out after a long, arduous Premier League season

This one ^

Followed by much hand wringing about how "we play too many games". Followed by, as you were then.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Any international team with Jordan Henderson and Eric Dier in central midfield is not going to be able to create much, even if Kane and Sterling are on form.

This one ^

Only one of those water carriers is needed in central midfield. Put them alongside a deep lying playmaker such as Shelvey.

YES. I SAID SHELVEY! HIT ME!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I couldn't care less. International football lost me about 8 years ago and is simply a festering corrupt mess governed by a still festering corrupt governing body. Bollocks to the World Cup, Bollocks to Russia, Bollocks to FIFA.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I couldn't care less. International football lost me about 8 years ago and is simply a festering corrupt mess governed by a still festering corrupt governing body. Bollocks to the World Cup, Bollocks to Russia, Bollocks to FIFA.

Sad isnt it. The only thing that interests me about this world cup is Ryan, unless of course Dunk gets a miracle call up. Other that I am not too fussed anymore

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Just did some checking as I was curious and Pep has spent a lot of money but it's only at City that it's been what I'd call extravagant for the amount of time he's been in charge:

340m - Barca - 4 years
204m - Bayern - 3 years
457m - City - 1.5 years

Jose has thus far spent 349m in his 1.5 years at Utd as well, which is more than Pep spent in his entire time at Barca, and Jose also spent 353m during his 2nd stint at Chelsea. I'd be tempted to label Mourinho as the cheque book manager personally.

He has only managed title challenging sides and spent plenty of money adding the finishing touches to each squad. I honestly think given the job of managing any of those squads with an open cheque book and I could win endless trophies.

The tactic he needed to master was how to win against a parked bus which Citeh seemed to have worked out, it maybe a dull few years of watching the premier league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here