Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So anyone want to sell their shiny new season ticket at a discount???

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Must have been 1000's of Albion fans at the game last night that are not season ticket holders.

I would be staggered if after that showing and atmosphere a lot of them are not on the phone this morning getting season tickets.

I can only get to so many Albion games in a season.
Preferably ones that are near me, like Reading and QPR and some at the Amex.
As I work a shift pattern that only allows me two weekends off a month, I have a fine balancing act of wife and Albion to negotiate :)
So in short, after last night's atmosphere I would have no hesitation in buying a season ticket if circumstances were different.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
I don't think the OP is particularly negative. The club quite rightly used our good form to drive interest in both half season tickets, which were sold with the added incentive of preferential pricing for the following season, and 2016/17 season tickets. For the new season the club again promoted a message that created urgency and a 'fear of missing out' which was largely predicated on us achieving promotion. I know, as I received many of these messages. None of this is wrong, and of course the club should be trying to maximise ST sales.

However, some of these people targeted with this message will have made a purchase on the assumption or hope that next season would be played at a higher level. It's fair to say some may be now disappointed, regardless of last night's performance.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Only wanted prem football for bloom as personally I hate everything about the boring Premiership and love the best league in the world in which is the CHAMPIONSHIP.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I don't think the OP is particularly negative. The club quite rightly used our good form to drive interest in both half season tickets, which were sold with the added incentive of preferential pricing for the following season, and 2016/17 season tickets. For the new season the club again promoted a message that created urgency and a 'fear of missing out' which was largely predicated on us achieving promotion. I know, as I received many of these messages. None of this is wrong, and of course the club should be trying to maximise ST sales.

However, some of these people targeted with this message will have made a purchase on the assumption or hope that next season would be played at a higher level. It's fair to say some may be now disappointed, regardless of last night's performance.

Thank you sir, that was exactly my point, i'll ignore the dimwits on here who cant even seem to understand a sentence and suggest that I'm looking for sympathy or even more amusing, that I'm knocking our support. I've read my posts again just to check I'm not going mad and am just speechless that someone can read my posts and arrive at that conclusion, but I suppose it takes all sorts.

Anyway, one final time, in simple English for the less blessed, I also think the people who took this action are twats and 'pathetic' (and don't say "I don't think anyone would do this" - I know of 3 myself), I also find it hilarious that they are now stuck with a season ticket that they didn't really want, hence my original jest about them now maybe trying to sell them on.

Oh, and one other thing (as if I need to justify for some apparent reason) my Albion support record stretches back to 1978 home and away and includes such places as The Baseball ground, Bramall Lane, Burnden Park and Filbert Street which some of the supersupporters throwing abuse around might not even have heard of - now that's irony.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I am one. Was going back to playing Saturday football next year and getting to the evening games instead. Changed my mind after yesterday. Will leave the Saturday football boots hung up for good now.

If I was you I wouldn't hang those boots up yet as it seems Sky are in love with us big time we will be on the box every day except Saturday sadly

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Thank you sir, that was exactly my point, i'll ignore the dimwits on here who cant even seem to understand a sentence and suggest that I'm looking for sympathy or even more amusing, that I'm knocking our support. I've read my posts again just to check I'm not going mad and am just speechless that someone can read my posts and arrive at that conclusion, but I suppose it takes all sorts.

Anyway, one final time, in simple English for the less blessed, I also think the people who took this action are twats and 'pathetic' (and don't say "I don't think anyone would do this" - I know of 3 myself), I also find it hilarious that they are now stuck with a season ticket that they didn't really want, hence my original jest about them now maybe trying to sell them on.

Oh, and one other thing (as if I need to justify for some apparent reason) my Albion support record stretches back to 1978 home and away and includes such places as The Baseball ground, Bramall Lane, Burnden Park and Filbert Street which some of the supersupporters throwing abuse around might not even have heard of - now that's irony.

How patronising...

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Strangely just seen this thread, talking to a customer who supports Tottenham, begrudgingly he can't get to many games and his kids are now because of this season and the buzz at their schools are now bullying their dad to get them season tickets so they can go with their mates. He is, after last night coming round to the thought.

I'm also now looking to get another 1. So, no to the OP.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Oh put your trumpet down FFS !
Anyway, my fist Albion game was 1967, so there ......

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Well I only got season tickets because I thought we might get promoted. But bear with me...

It's not because I only want to watch us in the premier league. Far far from it.

I generally get to about 50% of home games in a season (and the occasional away game) for various reasons, work, travel, family and because I have other things in my life. At this level of attendance it's still slightly cheaper to buy on a game by game basis and I like being able to sit in different parts of the ground. I have sat in every stand now, and on occasions have decided to sit right behind the goal or right next to the reserves bench, where I can hear all the chat between manager and players. There has never been a problem with getting a ticket when I wanted, even at the very last minute (I was out of the country for the Derby game).

But with the prospect of promotion I knew I couldn't rely on that any more, so it was time to take the plunge and make sure I was still going to be able to go to the games when I wanted.

I'd have liked to see us promoted, but I did have worries about how much fun it would be to see us play defensively and just aiming to survive. Now I am really looking forward to next season. If we can keep the core of this team together I am confident it's going to be fantastic.

I have invested in a season ticket, absolutely not going to sell it, so probably now have a bit more incentive (and more leverage at home) to make the effort and get to more games than I might have done otherwise.

So if there are others in a similar position, and I suspect there are, this will mean more bums on seats.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If I hadn't already got a season ticket, I would have bought one after being there Monday night. I reckon the number of people wanting them as a result of being there Monday will be higher than those wishing they hadn't.....................

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
How many have we sold for next season? Will we beat our average home attendance for this season? 25k was it . Great days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here