Snow!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is what I woke to in Hastings today after going to bed with heavy rain :-

snow4.jpg

It's stopped for now but showing no signs of melting. More forecast for this afternoon as well.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sleet turned back to snow in BN9

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
We managed a couple of slight flurries in Exeter this morning! About as much as weve had in this alleged cold snap.

It was very icy first thing because all the rain we had yesterday aftrernoon and evening had frozen over. I was out doing the milkround - at times I was like a cross between Robin Cousins and Frank Spencer, slipping and sliding all over the place. Lots of garden gated were frozen solid shut. Everybody getting into cars early to go to work were well pissed off because instead of normal frost on the windscreens they had welded on ice that took ages to shift. It all melted at around 8am.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Kneon Light said:
Stuck in Crowborough and can't get to work. Gave it a try but passed about 20 cars/lorries stuck in the snow and gave up. If anyone is planning on driving on the A26 through crowborough forget it!

Give yourself detention & 1000 lines, sir! I'd tie a couple of tennis raquets to my boots & start trekking, personally :p

It is bad - I don't think it's been this bad in Crowborough since Feb '85???

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Nightmare going from Lewes to Brighton at 6.15 this morning. Only just got up Coldean lane but mainly due to some idiot who seems like they've never had to drive in snow and kept stopping to put his car into 1st gear.

Southern counties wheather quote

Forecast for Southeast England
Headline:
Severe freezing conditions throughout with temperatures dropping below -21.

This afternoon and evening:
Icy turning to blizzards with hurricane force winds throughout afternoon. Nil visibility. Minimum temperature -21 deg C (-5 deg F).

Friday:
A chilly start with frostbite to follow. Expect to be frozen solid by the early afternoon. Dangly bits will fall off . Temperatures reaching -23 deg C (-7 deg F)

Outlook for Saturday:
Ice cream sales take a nose dive. People turned into human ice lollies. Sea becomes largest ice rink on planet. Torville and Dean make last minute comeback. Lovely weather for pengins.

Dangly bits will fall off :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
1.15 mins to drive 3 miles in Hastings this AM, looks like its warming up now, might go to the beach for lunch and have a paddle

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Raining in Manchester, that light sort of rain that gets you really wet!!

:nono:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Snowing for hours now in Burgess Hill, at one point, the flakes were massive. but it was too wet to start with so very little is actually settling

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Been snowing all day in Tun Wells.
Hammering it down at the moment and about 1-2 inches on the ground. Unfortunately it struggled to lay earlier in the day, but if it all had layed we would be under at least 5 inches.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Eddie the Seagull said:
Give yourself detention & 1000 lines, sir! I'd tie a couple of tennis raquets to my boots & start trekking, personally :p

It is bad - I don't think it's been this bad in Crowborough since Feb '85???

To be fair the school didn't end up opening because no-one could get there!

Has been snowing (and settling) all day. At least 5 inches in my garden at the moment. More forecast all night and in the morning. Looks like another day off work!!:clap2:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
It's been snowing all day in Coldean

I had Science Modular Exams today but missed them cos my Mum didn't wake me up cos she cannot drive in the snow because she nearly had a bad accedent a couple of years ago in heavy icy snow! :dunce:

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
Snowing all day in Maidstone, and laying about 6 inches. Taken an hour to do 3 miles across town, not looking like stopping and this was only supposed to be sleet with the worst coming in the rush hour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports