Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Snouts in the bloody trough..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Technically, as I understand it, it isn't tax payers money they get. They receive 12% percentage of the profits from crown estates, the government gets the rest. Any rise or fall is all down to how much the profits are.
It can rise. It can never fall. “The golden ratchet” that Cameron came up with.

The decision, deliberately designed to appear to the public as if the rise is purely the profit from “their” estates is made by a committee of just three individuals – prime minister Rishi Sunak, the chancellor Jeremy Hunt, and the keeper of the privy purse, Sir Michael Stevens. All of whom spend public money on themselves as if it were their birthday money from Nan.

It seems the general public really don’t know how this works.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just because a thread is provocative / controversial doesn't make it a Bear Pit contender.
It does, if you happen to be a right wing twit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I cant see the benefit in enjoying being angry either
Seems very negative and counter productive to me

Each to their own though eh............... some people clearly love beeing angry
Maybe even the chilled pastafarian would be gammon pink with rage, if certain other organisations were in line for millions of taxpayer cash every year that could be spent on the NHS instead?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Maybe even the chilled pastafarian would be gammon pink with rage, if certain other organisations were in line for millions of taxpayer cash every year that could be spent on the NHS instead?
Cant be bothered to get gammon pink with rage, whatever that is.
life is too short.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought you'd read the thread, making time to comment on my post.

Thanks though.
Unless you can explain something more, it appears that one labour MP who made it to no 10 was the request and 6 were given in response :shrug:

Name one labour MP that has made it to No 10! You have to be in it to fiddle it!
How many do you want?
Gordon Brown
Tony Blair
James Callaghan
Harold Wilson
Clement Atlee
Ramsay MacDonald

Take your pick.

I wonder if you would be better off sticking to posting old postcards of Brighton and desperately trying to be first on the RIP threads. You don't seem to embarrass yourself so much on those :wink:

And thanks for the thumbsup.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Unless you can explain something more, it appears that one labour MP who made it to no 10 was the request and 6 were given in response :shrug:

I wonder if you would be better off sticking to posting old postcards of Brighton and desperately trying to be first on the RIP threads. You don't seem to embarrass yourself so much on those :wink:

And thanks for the thumbsup.
What ARE you prattling on about?

Don't forget some angry rant and expletives, as per the norm.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I took the question to mean from the CURRENT list of fence sitters.
Why? What have current Labour MPs got to do with snouts in the trough?
Since 2016, there have been 4 Tory MPs who are all entitled to top pension rights.
At least the Labour Prime Minsters I named managed to keep their job for a few years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here