Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snooty East Stand fans

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Brave trying to take away the kudos of the Norff.

Good luck to you mate, ALL areas of the ground contribute to the matchday experience. The SWC has a highly motivated and organised bunch getting things going, why shouldn't the East?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The funniest thing for me about that chant is when the North Stand applaud the West/East/South Stand for responding.

I'm not really sure why they do it, but it made me laugh when I had a season in the North, and it still makes me laugh now I'm in the Family Stand.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Not to be the guy that spoils the fun..... BUT... I got one of these en-route to the amex, the chap handing them out clearly had a disability of sorts. He was a really nice genuine lad and its a shame to see this circulating. Clearly he just recognised the lack of noise from the East stand?! :albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The funniest thing for me about that chant is when the North Stand applaud the West/East/South Stand for responding.

I'm not really sure why they do it, but it made me laugh when I had a season in the North, and it still makes me laugh now I'm in the Family Stand.

Without doubt it's a sarcastic, patronising 'well done you lot for trying' kind of applause, isn't it ?? :lolol::lolol:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Not to be the guy that spoils the fun..... BUT... I got one of these en-route to the amex, the chap handing them out clearly had a disability of sorts. He was a really nice genuine lad and its a shame to see this circulating. Clearly he just recognised the lack of noise from the East stand?! :albion2:

Having just read your post I feel really bad now in relation to my earlier post. Just to emphasize, my post was in jest and I am truly pleased to see someone make an effort to get others involved in creating a better atomsphere.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Without doubt it's a sarcastic, patronising 'well done you lot for trying' kind of applause, isn't it ?? :lolol::lolol:

Very probably, Dazzer, but it's still amusing to me...

megcat

Sep 6, 2012
Chelwood Gate
Snooty means to show contempt for others especially of a lower class, so for us posh supporters, that would make me jolly cross, as I know the lower classes do their best, and if they decide to chant loudly well jolly good luck to them I say.

Steve351

Aug 30, 2012
Durrington
The upper east is by far the best seat in the house and the only place i would consider buying a ticket in. Tbh sitting in there the other stands don't seem that loud:moo:

Quite agree I sit in the upper East in line with the centre and the away support is as loud as the North stand and can't hear the west at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here