• No smoking in the seats

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Allow smoking in the seats

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can I guage some opinion without upsetting anyone ?

I would strongly prefer that smoking was banned in the seats during the game.

Have a few round me that chain smoke throughout the game, and I don't like it.

Agree or disagree.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I find the groans and moaning far more offensive personally

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
100% agree.

Quit 3 and a half years ago and now am alergic to tobacco smoke. Unfortunately, there are a few people around me who chain-smoke. Interestingly, the majority of aforementioned smokers hold their ciggies at arm's length from themselves-presumably so they don't get smoke in their eyes/faces etc. preferring to let it blow in other people's faces.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As an ex-smoker I have NO problem with smokers. It's not as though Withdean is a confined space. I choose not to smoke but that doesn't give me the right to dictate to smokers.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I am a smoker and enjoy a ciggie whilst the game is in progress, but i can also go with out a smoke during the game as we had to at Reading on Saturday.(half-time 3 cigs in 15mins!!:p )

I wouldn't mind either way.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I smoke but not in my seat at Withdean unless i'm very nervous and close to shitting myself coz i'm nice like that, i'll always wait til half time or full time.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
bhaexpress said:
As an ex-smoker I have NO problem with smokers. It's not as though Withdean is a confined space. I choose not to smoke but that doesn't give me the right to dictate to smokers.

It may not be a confined space but we're crammed in so tight that I seem to get 50% of the smoke from the person next to me.
If you want to smoke (not you personally) thats fine but if you have to impose even the slightest amount of your smoke on someone else then thats not acceptable.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
:dunce: (pressed quote instead of edit)

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Trigger said:
I smoke but not in my seat at Withdean unless i'm very nervous and close to shitting myself coz i'm nice like that, i'll always wait til half time or full time.

I think we should be thanking you for not smoking but especially for not shitting yourself:lolol: :clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rangdo said:
It may not be a confined space but we're crammed in so tight that I seem to get 50% of the smoke from the person next to me.
If you want to smoke thats fine but if you have to impose even the slightest amount of your smoke on someone else then thats not acceptable.

Try holding your breathe.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
smokers can choose to smoke but non smokers don't get the option not to breathe their second hand smoke

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
bhaexpress said:

When you've got 2 people sitting in front of you smoking the entire game and getting full wind of it - it is annoying.

Someone sitting next to them spent the second half last night with a jumper over their nose and mouth to stop themselves coughing. One of the smokers clearly saw how the person sitting next to them was finding it uncomfortable and lit up another. I think that's out of order.

When I used to smoke - I would NEVER dream of lighting a cigarette next to somebody like that.

I have no right to dictate whether somebody smokes or not I am as said an ex-smoker.

But surely I am allowed a voice if two people chain smoke all game and I come out of the Withdean and smell like I've been down the pub.

An issue like this really seems to split opinions. There are three types of people..

Those who smoke,

Those who don't but don't care if others around them do

Those who don't and don't like somebody smoking next to them.

I think you can accomodate all these people by banning smoking in the seats, but not elsewhere in the stadium.

This is actually becoming the norm, at seated venues both inside and out.

In my mind it has nothing to do with the ban on smoking in public places issue which I DISAGREE with.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Smoking and non-smoking seats? :shrug:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I'll agree not to smoke at a game on the same day when people stop consuming alcohol before/during games & breathing their fumes over me.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here