Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smith

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Great double save from him today, still flapped at a corner and a couple of un-convincing attempts at dealing with a cross but I think that save would have done worlds of good for his confidence and showed that is ISNT such a shit keeper.

Still dont think he is the right man for the job but I hope Im proved wrong!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Apart from that dodgy corner, I thought he had a good game. Still not his fault that the defence are a f***ing shambles.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
of course he is not a shit keeper......he has no protection and our defenders back off forwards...he is on to a hiding for nothing every game

Chazza12

Cranium Of Titanium
Mar 24, 2008
Still don't think he is any where near the standard we need , double save was quality though and they were the least amount of goals
he has let in In the league this season
good on him :lol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
He is consistently poor......end of.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
He is consistently poor......end of.

Agreed, you do not carry passengers at this level of footbal and last of all in between the sticks. The sooner we see the back of him the better.

To think we could have had Sullivan who talked, commanded his box and at least looked like a keeper.

I pray Kuipers gets back quick.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I cant see how the goals are his fault, the frst was a free header which is a DEFENDING error and the second was a bit of a shambles all round but its not his fault that Elphick was sitting on him!!!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Although the defence is making basic errors, I don't think it helps them when they have no confidence in the keeper behind them. So many times in the last two games defenders have not passed back to him when this was the simple thing to do. They simply boot it into the stands or try to beat the forward rather than the simple back pass.
He does not move into a position to receive a pass and stays in the centre of his goal. Defenders should always pass the ball back to the sides of the goal, but he just does not position himself for this.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I cant see how the goals are his fault, the frst was a free header which is a DEFENDING error and the second was a bit of a shambles all round but its not his fault that Elphick was sitting on him!!!

Agree that for the first goal Burton should never have been allowed to head it. But still think Smith should have saved it. He got a good hand to it. Honestly reckon FDM would have turned it around the post or at least parried it.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Huddersfield 5 in 47 minutes
Stockport 4 in 90 minutes
Leyton Orient 1 in 90 minutes
Hartlepool 3 in 90 minutes
Wycombe 4 in 90 minutes
Wycombe 0 in 45 minutes
Leeds 3 in 90 minutes
Norwich 4 in 90 minutes
Rushden 2 in 90 minutes
Charlton 2 in 90 minutes

Total 28 in 812minutes 

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Great double save from him today, still flapped at a corner and a couple of un-convincing attempts at dealing with a cross but I think that save would have done worlds of good for his confidence and showed that is ISNT such a shit keeper.

Still dont think he is the right man for the job but I hope Im proved wrong!

Sitting in Block D wasn't the best vantage point for the 'double-stop' so I will reserve judgement on that until I see it on screen, but the first goal, at least, went right through him *again*.

Apologies to Guy for any negative connotations, but Smith is the archetypal 'butter fingers'.

I really want to be positive about him, but I can't. Not even a whiff of decent distribution about him today.

DEFINITELY not the right man for the job.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
In family stand weak wristed for the first - scrambling on the floor with 2 others for the 2nd. Yes neither are directly his fault, but, stronger wrist saves the first. Stays on feet, saves confusion for the second. Same story every game the defense leads to the chances yes, but smith keeps letting them in. I think kuipers would have only let in half the goals that smith has (and the stats support that idea). It can't be down to luck - kuipers has the same woeful defense but a much better record.

Could we look at it another way - the defense are frail but smith conceding every error makes them look worse ? Individually I do not think that Elph,Tuni,Whing,Hoyt,virgs or ElAbd are shit at this level. Average yes, but not shit.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He has no commend of his area. In the 2nd half he stay rooted when 2 crosses/corners come in within 3 yards of the goal in a central position. That is his area and any defender would demand that their keeper collects but he didn't and frankly his 2 flaps/punches were a joke. It has taken numerous games for me to see him make a save and when he did we were already 2 down.

He is by far the worst keeper I've seen for Brighton in the 36 years I've followed them

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's more than a bit crap that it seems to have become acceptable in H Block for adults and kids in the charge of adults to bellow out 'Smith you're shit' or (if he makes a decent save) 'Smith you're not shit anymore' when the poor bugger's doing his best and is being given next to no protection from his deeply dysfunctional defence. It's a cheap shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here