Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smartcard - Can we use it to buy tickets?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I know that we can buy merchandise, food & drink etc. on the smart card and receive £10 back for every £100 spent but I was thinking it would be handy if we could buy cup and away tickets on it as well. I've already spent £80 on cup tickets and £60 on Tottenham tickets, I could have had a tenner back and been on my way to another one and the season hasn't even kicked off yet!

So, does anyone know if we can buy tickets and receive the discount?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Your smartcard is your season ticket, you buy the tickets online and i think they are automatically added to your season ticket ready to swipe as you get to the stadium, no discounts for tickets only merchandise, food and drink.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Your smartcard is your season ticket, you buy the tickets online and i think they are automatically added to your season ticket ready to swipe as you get to the stadium, no discounts for tickets only merchandise, food and drink.

But, if you went to the shop to buy your tickets and used your smartcard.... Nah, they aren't gonna do that are they? :wrong:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
They cannot surely. Say you wanted to buy an away ticket, the club can't really offer 10% cash back on a product that isn't theirs. Can they?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Can't see you will get any bonus for buying match tickets other than loyalty points. In my mind you will only accrue cashback on merchandise and match day food and drink

C Man Staines

Feb 21, 2009
I just attempted to by my travel vouchers with smart card, but was told it was only for merchandise, not tickets. Was worth asking but I wasn't expecting a yes!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I just attempted to by my travel vouchers with smart card, but was told it was only for merchandise, not tickets. Was worth asking but I wasn't expecting a yes!

I didn't think they would let us do that but thanks for confirming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here