Smart card/ST question

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
As some of you have seen I am unable to attend the WHU game, so I put these tickets up for a donation to REMF. I have two parties interested, but how do I get them in without passing my smart card over to complete strangers? I am sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I do a search, but there were no clear answers.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Make them pay a £10 deposit for both cards. This covers the cost of replacing them if there not returned. Simple.

The problems start if you have topped them up with money though I guess.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have read several mentions of the club providing one-off paper versions of tickets for specific games if required.

I'm not sure how official this is - give the ticket office a call.

BHAJ

Jun 17, 2011
Southwick
I had a similar situation and had a paper ticket issued from the ticket office, although this was on the day but can't see any reason why they couldn't or wouldn't do it any time the ticket office is open, give the ticket office a ring.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Thanks guys, I appreciate the reply s. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], that was my next course of action, cheers mate.

through the e-topup, 1901 members can allocate a ticket to an email address, for the recipient to print out. Then the 1901er cant get into the ground with his ST for that game. I know this doesn't solve your problem, but shows the Club has the technology and should make it more readily available

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Problem solved, as usual Bozza was right, after hanging on for bloody ages, the ticket office are sending me paper ticket replacements in the post. Thanks again for the help.

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
Problem solved, as usual Bozza was right, after hanging on for bloody ages, the ticket office are sending me paper ticket replacements in the post. Thanks again for the help.

What was the reason you gave as to why you needed a paper ticket? Just curious as I wouldn't have thought the club would have done this if it was "because I want to give the ticket to a stranger".

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
What was the reason you gave as to why you needed a paper ticket? Just curious as I wouldn't have thought the club would have done this if it was "because I want to give the ticket to a stranger".

I told the truth and said I couldn't make the game as the match was moved to the Monday. They didn't ask who the tickets were going to, but there is a disabled person who is having them, and a member on here can vouch for them, so I'm not expecting any trouble. Also REMF gains a donation, so alls good.

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
I told the truth and said I couldn't make the game as the match was moved to the Monday. They didn't ask who the tickets were going to, but there is a disabled person who is having them, and a member on here can vouch for them, so I'm not expecting any trouble. Also REMF gains a donation, so alls good.

That's really good it's so easy to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports