Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small things that irritate you.....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1) Double kissing. Ridiculous and affected continental habit now in vogue here. One peck is quite sufficient. We are one short step ( and its coming...from triple kissing )
2) Man hugging When did this start? A handshake is quite sufficient. A hug should be warm and loving and special. For some people its the normal form of greeting now.
3) Waiters/waitresses...." enjoy "......let me be the judge of that.
4) Locked public toilets in the middle of the day. Either open them or knock them down.
5) Car grills with permanent ' red noses ' attached to them. You don't wear a poppy all year round. Take them off until its that time of year again.
6) Food products shrinking in size but no price change. Its happening everywhere and the manufacturers say..." We want to maintain value for money for the consumer and not increase the shelf price " What a load of tosh. A 20% reduction in size is a 20% price increase.
7) Big expensive cars refusing to get over in country lanes. If you want to take the scenic route, be prepared to tuck yourself in and accept you are going to get the odd hedge-scrape.
8) Horse riders/Cyclists. Both riding two abreast, chatting away, without a care in the world, whilst the poor motorist behind is struggling to see clearly ahead and has to move completely to the other side of the road to pass.
9) Glued down toilet paper. Very clever. You have to rip away half the roll to get started. Odd tiny bits of paper all over the loo floor.
10) Litter. Don't get me started. There is a complete lack of respect, general. Plastic and cans and fast food strewn everywhere. No where is sacred. It needs a National attitude change but I'm not holding my breath in this lazy, self-centred society.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Going into Boots today, with my wife, and get ambushed by all the Max Factor rejects that look like clowns with all that make up on, slowly choking to death on the latest perfumery nerve agent :sick:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Tell you what annoyed me intensely, it happen on Saturday and it happened the Saturday before as well. Now we all know the rules nowadays are keep playing if a player is "injured" unless the ref deems it a "head" injury.

v Burnley and v Watford, an opposing player was "injured" and on the ground, they were not head injuries and after 20-30 seconds the opposing players put the ball into touch. We took the throw in and kicked it back to them. FFS ***k sportsmanship, Man Utd and Bournemouth had zero sportsmanship when Gross/Knocky were down injured and Bournemouth scored their equaliser from the corner they got while playing on when Gross was injured. We are BHAFC #together not footballers#together.

There that's what annoyed me the most about the last two games (although Murray's penalty was well up there).

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
People in Britain calling Father Christmas, Santa Claus.

Other drivers who don't acknowledge you when you let them pass.

this its father christmas all day long , cant abide people calling a film a "movie" either.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Morons in supermarkets. Full stop.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone beginning a sentence with "So.........."

When I was at Uni my dissertation supervisor started almost every sentence that way. At least he did until I started filling the gap with "a needle pulling thread". He eventually stopped.

With regard to the question of the thread, I would say I'm starting to get irritated by people being irritated by 'can I get'. Get over it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When I was at Uni my dissertation supervisor started almost every sentence that way. At least he did until I started filling the gap with "a needle pulling thread". He eventually stopped.

With regard to the question of the thread, I would say I'm starting to get irritated by people being irritated by 'can I get'. Get over it.

“Get over it” and other Americanisms.....like “Can I get”......[emoji23][emoji23]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Easy to avoid, just self-scan instead [emoji106][emoji106][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Unfortunately they stagger around aimlessly in the aisles

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m going to say on behalf of all of us at this time of year...fecking SELLOTAPE and finding the end bit :angry:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Going into Boots today, with my wife, and get ambushed by all the Max Factor rejects that look like clowns with all that make up on, slowly choking to death on the latest perfumery nerve agent :sick:

:lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
1) Double kissing. Ridiculous and affected continental habit now in vogue here. One peck is quite sufficient. We are one short step ( and its coming...from triple kissing )
2) Man hugging When did this start? A handshake is quite sufficient. A hug should be warm and loving and special. For some people its the normal form of greeting now.
3) Waiters/waitresses...." enjoy "......let me be the judge of that.
4) Locked public toilets in the middle of the day. Either open them or knock them down.
5) Car grills with permanent ' red noses ' attached to them. You don't wear a poppy all year round. Take them off until its that time of year again.
6) Food products shrinking in size but no price change. Its happening everywhere and the manufacturers say..." We want to maintain value for money for the consumer and not increase the shelf price " What a load of tosh. A 20% reduction in size is a 20% price increase.
7) Big expensive cars refusing to get over in country lanes. If you want to take the scenic route, be prepared to tuck yourself in and accept you are going to get the odd hedge-scrape.
8) Horse riders/Cyclists. Both riding two abreast, chatting away, without a care in the world, whilst the poor motorist behind is struggling to see clearly ahead and has to move completely to the other side of the road to pass.
9) Glued down toilet paper. Very clever. You have to rip away half the roll to get started. Odd tiny bits of paper all over the loo floor.
10) Litter. Don't get me started. There is a complete lack of respect, general. Plastic and cans and fast food strewn everywhere. No where is sacred. It needs a National attitude change but I'm not holding my breath in this lazy, self-centred society.

Award winning variety in this list. All very true but no.7 for me is the stand out winner! Well said, Sir!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Which you should be doing any way.

hc_rule_163_give_vulnerable_road_users_at_least_as_much_space_as_you_would_a_car.jpg

http://www.highwaycode.info/rule/163

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He said two abreast , so if the driver gave the same amount of room the second ROADHOG as in your pic , the car would be driving on the opposite pavement !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He suggested it's only when there's two abreast that he has to move into the other lane. He should always be moving into the other lane to overtake, one cyclist or two.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I get pissed off every now and then going in to Greggs for a sausage roll to find the person in front of me has to stand 10 feet away from the counter... its not a friggin'cashpoint, push up !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here