Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Slug pellets banned from today

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Slug flavoured lager - coming soon to a Wetherspoons near you.

Inbuilt added protein, so no need to buy one of their meals or overpriced crisps.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Who’s going to Police this ‘ban’? Another law with zero teeth, can’t see many gardeners throwing out their already purchased stock.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Funnily enough slugs aren't a big part of the hedgehog diet but yes I have a good population of frogs, newts & slow worms in the garden. We also seem to have quite a few leopard slugs as well.

Humans have killed all the hedgehogs :(

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A tortoise was crossing the road when he was mugged by a gang of slugs. The police showed up and asked the tortoise what happened. “I don’t know,” the tortoise replied. “It all happened so quickly”

D

Deleted member 2719

Lagers been used for a long time.

But you need to spread all these watering holes around your garden, slugs are not like craft beer drinkers that can sniff a micro brewery through their beards.

Downside is pissed birds staggering around your garden like you find in wind street, Swansea on a Saturday night.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I used to race snails professionally, one day a fellow competitor suggested to make my best thoroughbreds go faster I should remove their shells - something to do with aerodynamics.

Anyway, to cut a long story short I did as he suggested but found shortly afterwards if anything, my snails were a bit more sluggish...

Last edited:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Slug pellets are not banned across the board. Only those containing metaldehyde, just for clarification

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Pellets are a waste of time and effort, frankly and very fiddly.

I bought a big container of the things and by the end of the night I don’t think I’d hit a single slug.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here