He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
you know i said Southern said there was a full match day service.

No, you very clearly said:

Train service is normal.

...whilst, elsewhere, since last night people have been discussing that it does not look 'normal' at all: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?342876-Trains-for-Huddersfield

I tweeted a link to that thread earlier this morning to help warn those that rely on trains, particularly from the East.

Meanwhile the club helpfully sent out a pre-match brief to tell fans:

"Southern have advised the club that they will operate a normal matchday rail service on Saturday, although supporters are advised to check Southern’s website for the latest updates."

Presumably "on Saturday" should have been "today" and was a careless copy & paste from last week, but this sort of thing does nothing to give fans any confidence that the club are on top of this. Maybe they are. Maybe they aren't. I'm more inclined to trust NSCers though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I just don't trust #SASTA to get me home from London for evening games anymore so WFH now. It means I have to go in Thursday (only allowed 2 WFH per week), but I'd rather that than run the risk of coming from London for a match.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes. "Southern have advised the club that they will operate a normal matchday rail service" in the pre-match brief email sent out by the club.

That pre-match brief stated "normal Saturday match day service" and now its been amended to a "reduced service" and "We would advise supporters to seek alternative modes of transport where possible"

I stand by my first post

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No, you very clearly said:

Yes. Agreed. My bitter experience as a commuter with Southern every day should have provoked caution before believing the initial comms at face value. (and read the other threads)
Apols to anyone who had their hopes raised.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes. Agreed. My bitter experience as a commuter with Southern every day should have provoked caution before believing the initial comms at face value. (and read the other threads)
Apols to anyone who had their hopes raised.

Damn you and your happy-go-lucky positive mental attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here