hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Good sole.

fish slippers.jpg

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Paying £70 to £120 for a pair of slippers is absolutely bonkers.

Really? Why?

When I'm at home I have them on constantly. Obviously currently that is an awful lot. I'm certainly wearing them more than any other footwear at the moment. Most people wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying that sort of money for a pair of shoes. Plus they last for ever, as I said I'm on my third pair in 10 years. So I reckon you get 4 years wear out of them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is a tribute thread to BG....right?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Got a fantastic pair in Poundland, North Street last year. Hand-stitched by two Covid-19 infected blind Sri Lankan six year olds, but I’ll happily ignore that fact for the price I paid. Why pay more? They’re only slippers, and very comfy and durable they've proved to be. Cheers.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Marks and Spencer slippers for me.

Fortunately I can buy them on-line here:thumbsup:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Looking for a new set of comfortable slippers,

Any recommendations?

When selecting a slipper there are far more criteria which need to be considered than merely comfort, the main ones being:

1. Style and aesthetic
2. Purpose
3. Practicality
4. Ease of use
5. Comfort
6. Fit

There are five main categories of slipper with numerous variations within those categories. Those categories are:

1. The traditional closed slipper with heel guard
2. The mule (or open heeled slipper)
3. The boot slipper
4. The sock slipper
5. The novelty slipper

Purely on the basis of style, aesthetic and even taste this cancels out most, if not all variations of the novelty slipper. This leaves you with four categories (with sub categories) from which to choose.

I might further add that one of the variations or sub categories of the closed heel slipper is something known as "the mocassin slipper". Unless you are a descendent of Native American ancestry or live on a Native American reservation the mocassin slipper should also be instantly dismissed for consideration, if not for the reasons already offered then certainly for reasons of style and taste.

I hope this makes your task much easier. If you require further help or advice please do not hesitate to ask as I consider myself well qualified to answer any question having worn and experienced all of the main categories of slipper apart from of course the novelty slipper. I am therefore well acquainted with their relative drawbacks and advantages regarding practicalities, ease of use and comfort.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Really? Why?

When I'm at home I have them on constantly. Obviously currently that is an awful lot. I'm certainly wearing them more than any other footwear at the moment. Most people wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying that sort of money for a pair of shoes. Plus they last for ever, as I said I'm on my third pair in 10 years. So I reckon you get 4 years wear out of them.

There appears to be a hole in your rationale, and, as could be inferred from your post, also in the fabric or soles of your previous two pairs of slippers.

When selecting a slipper there are far more criteria which need to be considered than merely comfort, the main ones being:

1. Style and aesthetic
2. Purpose
3. Practicality
4. Ease of use
5. Comfort
6. Fit

There are five main categories of slipper with numerous variations within those categories. Those categories are:

1. The traditional closed slipper with heel guard
2. The mule (or open heeled slipper)
3. The boot slipper
4. The sock slipper
5. The novelty slipper

Purely on the basis of style, aesthetic and even taste this cancels out most, if not all variations of the novelty slipper. This leaves you with four categories (with sub categories) from which to choose.

I might further add that one of the variations or sub categories of the closed heel slipper is something known as "the mocassin slipper". Unless you are a descendent of Native American ancestry or live on a Native American reservation the mocassin slipper should also be instantly dismissed for consideration, if not for the reasons already offered then certainly for reasons of style and taste.

I hope this makes your task much easier. If you require further help or advice please do not hesitate to ask as I consider myself well qualified to answer any question having worn and experienced all of the main categories of slipper apart from of course the novelty slipper. I am therefore well acquainted with their relative drawbacks and advantages regarding practicalities, ease of use and comfort.

Splendid - are you a professor of slipperology?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here