Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Slipper advice needed

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I find those pubs round the back of Kings X the best. And always carry a bag of pound coins...it’s embarrassing asking for change when she comes round with the pint pot.

Oh, you said slippers. Doh.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
1a5cb9e79e2e8ca80660450b78260bfd.jpg

Sliders for me, with socks when colder that also facilitates swift transfer to shoes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Got a fantastic pair in Poundland, North Street last year. Hand-stitched by two Covid-19 infected blind Sri Lankan six year olds, but I’ll happily ignore that fact for the price I paid. Why pay more? They’re only slippers, and very comfy and durable they've proved to be. Cheers.

I hope they were provided with thimbles.

No, I think they just come with faux social outrage and a large dollop of misery.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
There appears to be a hole in your rationale, and, as could be inferred from your post, also in the fabric or soles of your previous two pairs of slippers.

:ffsparr:

Soles are fine actually. Its the inside that goes. But quite frankly if you get 4 years use out of them you've had value for money in my opinion.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
No, I think they just come with faux social outrage and a large dollop of misery.

I struggle to think of any high street brand that isn’t exploiting cheap third world labour (Infinity Foods possibly excepted). Even ‘top end’ brand The North Face, mentioned on this thread, has been highlighted as using sweatshops in El Salvador and Bangladesh.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Splendid - are you a professor of slipperology?

Much to my regret I have no formal qualifications of which to speak in that particular field of footwear. Any knowledge or expertise I have acquired or have offered to impart is that of a very well versed and committed autodidact.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
These are not cheap but then given they last for years I don’t mind splashing out on them. You may even find a pair that are named after you :smile:

https://www.draper-of-glastonbury.com/collections/mens-sheepskin-slippers

Having checked their offerings I couldn't help thinking that most of those displayed would not be complete without the addition of a Victorian gentleman's smoking jacket. That is by no means a criticism but it would necessitate extra cost as you yourself may have already discovered.

And of course the addition of a smoking jacket would necessitate that it served the purpose for which it was originally designed, unless you want to risk accusations of being nothing but a poseur or popinjay.

So I'm afraid your suggestion comes with all sorts of potential ramifications and health considerations.

d7dc2fbf3ac62660be6e6dfe9c8cd76b--mens-slippers-smoking-jacket (1).jpg

4020418_burgundy_1_5.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here