Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Slightly different new Star Wars trailer from Japan

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Ooh I'm excited. Booked tickets for a film weeks in advance is something I've never done before. A nice pre Xmas family treat in the vip box at chichester. Cannot wait!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
media-catalog-product-a-l-alderaan_fullpic.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mark...vil-Luke-Skywalker-Idea-J-J-Abrams-89617.html

Back in the early 2000’s Jon Favreau hosted a show on IFC called Dinner For Five in which a roundtable of celebrities came together to discuss the business over a meal. A 2005 episode is making the rounds in which Hamill was a guest (with guest host Kevin Smith) and he talked about pitching George Lucas on the idea of Luke Skywalker going to the Dark Side in Return of the Jedi. It may seem like just an interesting coincidence, but it all becomes even more coincidental when you know who one of the other guests at the table was: future The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams.​

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Indeed that is the case

http://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ar-wars-the-force-awakens-absence-no-accident

There was also a link on Twitter posted by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] that went into the whole idea of Luke going to the dark side. At the time I didn't think it had any mileage and the bloke had too much time on his hands but clearly something is afoot. Personally, I hope Luke gets killed off within the first 15 minutes of the film - simply because Mark Hamill has had an empty diary for the past 20 years and must have been praying for episode 7 to be made giving it the full double fist pump as it comes into being. I'd love to be a fly on the wall as he reads the script and realises he gets murdered early doors. He then has the dawning realisation that its back to shaking hands with fan boys dressed up in Wookie costumes at saddo conventions for the remainder of his lifetime.
That's a pretty nasty, vindictive attitude. Unless you have some personal grievance against MH I really don't get it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
That's a pretty nasty, vindictive attitude. Unless you have some personal grievance against MH I really don't get it.

Christ on a bike. I don't *really* wish ill fortune on Mr Hamill anymore than I believe Stevie Coppell has VD or that Ian Wright is illigitimate.

I merely saw the humour in someone playing a bit part in a film after staring at the phone for 20 years waiting for his great career resurrection. I'd advise getting your restraining bolt fixed.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm not even sure what you're trying to say. I tend to reserve wishing bad things on a person when it's someone who I think deserves it. Your post came across as unnecessarily nasty, especially now you've pointed out that it was just because you thought it'd be funny if that happened rather than having any dislike for the bloke.

I guess you enjoy stuff like watching the mentally ill being mocked on X Factor or Jeremy Kyle. It's just a bit of fun after all.

As I say, I don't get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here