Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade will not make it till christmas

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
FACT!!

I for one would be sad to see him go but its the right decision. Piss poor first quarter of the season. Bloom learn from Knight's mistake of last season and dont leave it too late where we almost paid the ultimate price as a result

SLADE OUT!!!

:guns: :clap2:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Something better change in the next two home games... or he'll do well to make it to Bonfire night.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
He was never the man to take us to Falmer. You cant question his desire and enthusiasm but it takes more than that to make a club successful. White and Booker must follow suit. We cannot enter a new managerial era with these par of nuggots

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Lets say we all let our dissapointment get the better of us and feel that there has to be a responsibility for that and Slade is the culprit and we get rid of him. What if the new manager has a poor first dozen games, do you then get rid of him?? What if he doesn't like the players Slade has bought and then wants more players, where does the money come from and how much time do you give him??

It's a vicious circle, if you back Slade with money you also need to back him with time to get it right. We're a quarter of the way through the season and yes so far it's been dissapointing but it's not the embarrassment and shambles some are saying, we're not bottom, not even in the relegation zone. Any manager needs at least a season to get a fair crack at the job and I would argue two seasons, if we sack him and then get in another we are just repeating the mistakes of previous seasons and we need to learn from our mistakes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Lets say we all let our dissapointment get the better of us and feel that there has to be a responsibility for that and Slade is the culprit and we get rid of him. What if the new manager has a poor first dozen games, do you then get rid of him?? What if he doesn't like the players Slade has bought and then wants more players, where does the money come from and how much time do you give him??

It's a vicious circle, if you back Slade with money you also need to back him with time to get it right. We're a quarter of the way through the season and yes so far it's been dissapointing but it's not the embarrassment and shambles some are saying, we're not bottom, not even in the relegation zone. Any manager needs at least a season to get a fair crack at the job and I would argue two seasons, if we sack him and then get in another we are just repeating the mistakes of previous seasons and we need to learn from our mistakes.

:clap: Fortunately I think Tony knows what he's doing and doubt he will care a jot about fan pressure.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Nope, you may be right.

However, as TB is actually a fan, i'm sure he will get Slade out before he does any more damage to his investment, and the Club he supports! :drink:

What damage has he done exactly? Have you seen him up at Falmer with sticks of dynamite?:ohmy:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

a sensible reply and i agree wholehartedly :clap2:

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Is he ill?

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I think Slade is potentially a good manager but manager after manager has been let down by either the players or 'other' staff and as we've changed the players greatly this season you have to conclude it's the 'other' staff that are letting the club down, lets hope he gets wise and gets rid before they drag him to his 'death' too.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think Slade is potentially a good manager but manager after manager has been let down by either the players or 'other' staff and as we've changed the players greatly this season you have to conclude it's the 'other' staff that are letting the club down, lets hope he gets wise and gets rid before they drag him to his 'death' too.

'Wise' with a small 'w' I hope you mean...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here