Slade: It's all about Dickinson

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Having seen them all IMHO Dickinson is no better nor no worse in the air than McGammon, Savage or Fleetwood but that is not what you expect from a man who is 6ft 4 in tall you expect him to win a few headers. Time will tell but I believe that he has a lot of work to do to win the fans over.

He's played 130 odd minutes of football for us and your saying he ALREADY has to win the fans back. :shootself:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A lot of people get a first impression and that sticks and it then takes a fair few good performances to win supporters back. The general opinion at the moment is not too good.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Slade is no mug, he'll pick whoever looks in form. perhaps it's a confidence thing with Dickinson.

Is the right answer
we have enough forwards to have all sorts of combinations ..weaker teams beware,better teams be very afraid

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Now If im not mistaken, we have Forster & Murray who together were succesful....I dont like the fact its all pointing towards Dickinson starting whatever he is performing like.

At the end of the day I might be wrong, but surely its the best partnership that works....not the best player to play with Dickinson.

It's one of the differing philosophies of football. Some people have a favourite player and think the team should be built around them. Seems a lot of sporting journalist think the England team should be picked around Rooney.

Other people think it's about getting the right team, even if that means leaving someone popular/particularly good out.

Depends on who the player is that the team could be built around, I guess.

Just a couple of notes;
NO competitive matches have been played so far.
Murray is not happy here because of his bird, and wants to move.

What is the likelihood that Forster and Murray will be seen early in the season, while Dickinson will have time to settle, and come off the bench - or take Forster's place if he's taking time to get full fitness back?
Then within the first months, Murray gets a transfer (after his part of the bargain is fulfilled - i.e. impressing for us).

Presto - funds for team-building/replacement, Murray out of the situation, and our team working toward a secure winning rapport and moving on without his presence.

This board is really depressing in the off season, there are so many cretins.

Murray wants to leave. There's no point building a ruddy team around him, only for him to leave on 31st August - we'd be screwed then, wouldn't we?

Dickinson has played a grand total of about 100 minutes (I'm sure someone can provide the exact number) of NON-COMPETITIVE football for the club, and people are already criticsing him. FFS, give the guy a CHANCE.

*rant over*

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
This board is really depressing in the off season, there are so many cretins.

Murray wants to leave. There's no point building a ruddy team around him, only for him to leave on 31st August - we'd be screwed then, wouldn't we?

Dickinson has played a grand total of about 100 minutes (I'm sure someone can provide the exact number) of NON-COMPETITIVE football for the club, and people are already criticsing him. FFS, give the guy a CHANCE.

*rant over*

Agreed.

Until Murray has sorted his life out, he probably won't be concentrating on the pitch as well as he should.

As said earlier Slade is no fool.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dickinson has to be seen as the primary striker to play alongside Murray or Forster. Once the season starts I think we will see Dickinson come up with the goods.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why?

Until his injury last season Murray was CARRYING our team. Forster has a decent goals average in the last two seasons and has been captain.

Why should Dickinson be our primary striker?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dickinson couldn't get into the WORST Derby team in history.

The worst Derby team in history was considerably better than the Albion team of last year though. He may be shit but I'll give him at least 1/2 a league game before slagging him off and I'd like to see just how interested Murray is before I'd even have him in the team let alone build it around him. People who want away seldom do their best...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Whinge Jabsco and Bens Groandad will grimble and bleat as often as they can. I suggest the sane amongst NSC ignore their negativity and judge for yourselves when you have had the chance to see the players in a competitive match.

Murray is our best player.

Dickinson couldn't get into the WORST Derby team in history.

I know who I would rather pin our hopes on.

Tell you what, you bog off and compile a brilliant squad of players who DON'T WANT TO PLAY FOR BRIGHTON (ffs, don't you GET it you idiot?).

I'll start you off with a couple; Lynch, Murray. Great, you can build your f***ing worthless shit team around those two eh?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why?

Until his injury last season Murray was CARRYING our team. Forster has a decent goals average in the last two seasons and has been captain.

Why should Dickinson be our primary striker?

I did post that he should be the primary striker alongside Murray or Forster which is not the same as saying he should be our primary striker above everyone else.

Whinge Jabsco and Bens Groandad will grimble and bleat as often as they can. I suggest the sane amongst NSC ignore their negativity and judge for yourselves when you have had the chance to see the players in a competitive match.

Sorry, I posted before reading that - and you are right, these negative bleaters only devalue their own posts (and they probably rarely attend matches either).

We just have some maddening morons on here who think their pathetic moans and groans are astute. More like arse toots, than astute.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tell you what, you bog off and compile a brilliant squad of players who DON'T WANT TO PLAY FOR BRIGHTON (ffs, don't you GET it you idiot?).

I'll start you off with a couple; Lynch, Murray. Great, you can build your f***ing worthless shit team around those two eh?

Murray handed in a transfer request at the START of last season. He was QUALITY ALL of last season.

'SAKE, wake up some of you.

MURRAY himself doesn't want away, his wife does. He wants to play for this club, he showed that by forcing his way onto the pitch against Leeds despite clearly not being fit, not forgetting the return fixture where he merked 3 of their players to score one of the best Albion goals of the season.

Morons.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is Murray married, thought it was girlfriend? eitherway, its time someone convinced him to give her the elbow and get on with his footie with BHA :whisky:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Murray handed in a transfer request at the START of last season. He was QUALITY ALL of last season.

Well said :clap:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

MURRAY himself doesn't want away, his wife does. He wants to play for this club, he showed that by forcing his way onto the pitch against Leeds despite clearly not being fit, not forgetting the return fixture where he merked 3 of their players to score one of the best Albion goals of the season.

Morons.

Who said Murray isn't good?

I think people were referring to him saying we should build an attack around him, which would be foolish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports