Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade in Flame

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
On BBC Four tonight. Great film with final scenes in Brighton. Stop that fancy footwork now and give us a goal......

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have recorded it and will watch it later , maybe next year

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What did they have with their Cup-a-Soups in the end: Pop Tarts or Biscuits?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Any football related bits to the film?

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
About half way through they mention the possibility of Zamora re joining us in the transfer window..........

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
How's Dave Hill these days? I hope he's got that wayward fringe under control. :lol:

It wasn't with Slade, but it was in a large room full of sandwiches and he wouldn't stop talking. In hindsight it was one of the best days of my life, even if the interview was meant to be with Tony Iommi. He also took me continually saying "ALROOOIGHT NODDAY!" in good humour.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It wasn't with Slade, but it was in a large room full of sandwiches and he wouldn't stop talking. In hindsight it was one of the best days of my life, even if the interview was meant to be with Tony Iommi. He also took me continually saying "ALROOOIGHT NODDAY!" in good humour.

Can't think where yow got that one from loike. Mind you, it's probs just as well Don (Powell) wasn't there - as he'd have continually chinned ya for sayin' it (as he'd forget that he'd already chinned ya several times for sayin' it). You had a right touch there me ol' China. :wink:

ps Was The Nodd dipping his spam sarnies in his cuppa soup?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I do remember going to see this at the Dome in Worthing and being totally underwhelmed by it. My only vestigial memory is of Dave Hill being a goofy twat in high heels.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
The film got slated at the time - everyone was expecting a Beatles/Monkees style effort but instead got a gritty exposé of the music business. It is now held on high esteem as a good example of the genre. The sound track is great.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mark Kermode said on the Film Review yesterday on Five Live that it was the best film of the weekend, along with Die Hard 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here