Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Slade at the Goldstone

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
This has been done before but as it‘s Christmas and Slade the timing is right!

Who else was there? Struggling to remember who the game was against though.

A roll call of players featured would be good, I’ll start with Wardy :smile:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Albion scarf - lovely 👏

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve got Burnley or Sheff Itd in my head,

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I am guessing we didn’t win :smile:
11.02.1978 2-1

The song flopped, just like our promotion campaign.

Not sure the North Stand would be so obliging if it was done these days.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
IMG_1321.jpeg

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
From Wiki.....

The song's music video was shot at Brighton & Hove Albion F.C.'s Goldstone Ground in Hove on 9 and 11 February 1978.[4] It features the band performing the song in front of the team's supporters, interspersed with sequences of the band playing football with the team. The footage of the band playing football was shot on the first day of filming during one of the team's practice matches and the footage of the band performing the song was shot on the second day of filming prior to a home match. It was so cold during the shoot that the band struggled to play football on the first day and guitarist Dave Hill had to wear a woolly hat on the second.[6]

The directors of the video insisted the film crew keep filming until one of the band members scored a goal against Brighton's goalkeeper. It took a long time for them to achieve this but eventually drummer Don Powell was successful.[6] In 1991, Holder recalled, "We were actually playing with the Brighton team and they kicked the shit out of us. Alan Mullery was the manager at the time and he was shouting to the team from the sidelines, 'Let them have a kick!'. I had to take a penalty at one point and could I get the ball in the net? I must have tried ten times and in the end the goalie was rolling on the floor pissing himself laughing."[3]

Jul 7, 2003
I was there, watching on from in front of the old Radio Brighton box on the West side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here