Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Anyone on here got a clue about the costs involved in Skype?
Is it just a free version you need to call between fellow skype users?

Sorry for the questions but 5 hour phone calls to the states are not the cheapest:(

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've used it to talk to a fellow Skype user in Ireland at no cost, if that helps.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The call is free if it is connected to another Skype user in the USA. If not, the call is billable but the good news is it will only cost about 75p an hour.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
The call is free if it is connected to another Skype user in the USA. If not, the call is billable but the good news is it will only cost about 75p an hour.

I was hoping it was free and will get her to dl skype as well. At present I only pay 1p per minute but after non stop calls it will save a fortune and will help my folks stay in touch when I move over to the US full time :)
Thanks

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You'll need to save a fortune to pay for medical insurance. Some jobs only pay 90% towards medical insurance costs.:lol:

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
Tis all free when using your internet connection to talk to another skype user. MSN and others have their own versions as well. Have put it to great use keeping in touch with the folks back home, while I enjoy a nice warm Christmas!

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Yup, skype to skype calls are free. skype to landline calls are billable but are pittance. you can even purchase wifi skype phones which are kinda nifty!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I've just got myself fully Skype'd up today, since I work abroad 11 months of the year, I figured it'd be a decent way to stay in touch with people back home.

Basic Free Skype:
Lets you call other people who use Skype for free - whether they are using it on their PC's, or have Skype enabled phones on the 3 mobile network. They can, in turn, call me for free so long as I'm at my laptop to answer the call.

SkypeOut:
As part of the free Skype download, this gives me the option to phone landlines around the world - not just other Skype users. From where I am in France (but I could be anywhere), I can call my Mum for £0.014 per minute, inc VAT. I'm a good son. Or, obviously, I can call her for free (and with video) if she manages to install Skype.

Skype Pro:
This service costs £2.50 a month, and allows free calls to the country that I'm in as well as big discounts to various other packages, such as:

SkypeIn:
This service, costing me £15 a year along with my subscription to Skype Pro, assigns me a UK landline number (I chose one in Manchester, since there weren't any down in Brighton) that anyone in the UK can call. It'll connect them straight to my PC as a voice call, so it'll only charge them the normal call rate in the UK - whether I'm down the road, or in Japan.

That's all I've managed to work out, so far!

-Razi

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here