Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky is much better than Virgin Media

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
Now I never had any major problems with Virgin Media, but just moved to Sky as VM couldn't transfer service to my new flat and I can't believe how much better the service is.

Better picture quality on a normal non hd tv and the user menus are a dream to navigate as opposed to the cumbersome response times when you press a button VM, is it better software or something? Makes watching tv much more enjoyable, that is all.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
But Sky is evil and destroying the world. :bla::bla::bla:

If only the non biased BBC could take over eveything. :vuvueng::vuvueng::vuvueng:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We've just gone from vm to sky and i have to say i much prefer sky on what i have seen so far.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We were with Virgin after they took over NTL.
Never had a problem with NTL and we'd been with them for years but when Virgin took them over, they were AWFUL!!!!!
Moving soon and going to get Sky. Wouldn't touch Virgin with a bargepole. Their service was utter crap and it used to take hours to get through to them.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
I used to have Sky but have Virgin now. The V+ is better than Sky+ (record 2 programs and watch another), the catchup TV is great and the menu displays are much better, particularly the favourites button which show what's on all night for each of your top channels.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Have had both and each have benifits. Sky you can get all HD channels whereas virgin have fewer. In terms of sports Virgin give ESPN and ESPN HD free (so saves a tenner compared to Sky) Virgin also have a much better Catch up TV service/Anytime and V+ service however the system is prone to crashing occasionally and needs reboot.

One major benifit with Virgin is that you only lease the box so any repairs / replacements are free. A colleague at work had his Sky HD box go and cost over £60 for the engineer to come out to check the issue and another £100 or so on new box.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would say Virgin is better for the reasons mentioned above by others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here