Sky increase Pub subs by 22%

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
I'm sure it'll go on the price of a pint that already tops £2.50 in most places.

What galls me is Sky's justification that "The increase of up to 22% reflects the quality of the product we are offering"

As far as I'm aware pub landlords and viewers across the land had no say in what Sky bought so to justify it in this way is ludicrous.

For example, you ask your average viewer whether they even have a preference for Sky's Champions League coverage over the coverage when ITV had the rights and I'm sure they couldn't give a stuff who's showing it.

It's typical greedy Murdoch behaviour and I hope landlords boycott it.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I made a decision about 15 years ago that I'd NEVER buy Sky as Murdoch somehow managed to take something we had for free and then managed to sell it back to the public!

Absolute genius - But I ain't gonna fall for the biggest scam ever - never have so many citizens of the UK been ripped-off by one person.

And for those that say Sky's coverage is worth the extra cash - don't you think terrestrial coverage would have evolved?

:nono:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
I only buy it when a certain team is on and I can't make the match.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
So...you pay to have Sky.

Then you pay for the Sports Channels.

Then, for a significant proportion of matches, you pay again for 'Pay per View'

This, combined with a serious dislike of Rupert Murdoch, is why I don't have Sky. Televised football has never been a patch on the real thing anyway.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
No I pay to have cable and I add sports channels too that when and only when a certain team is on it.

I agree with you Sky bought British sport then held it too ransome.

I have no interest in England (The Team) any more I don't know the players.

I am fast losing interest in cricket, I used to watch it all day long barely watch an hour or two of a test these days.

The place to be is in Scotland where premiership football is still shown live on the BBC. Ok so its scotish premiership football but hey!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I have sky sports as it is th eonly way of watching a decent amount of sport, the fact it costs does indeed hurt but if its pay and watch football or don't pay and have to watch songs of praise, I pay every time.

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
I used to have it but knocked it on the head cos Andy Gray got on my tits.
I was only watching 3 or 4 games a season so it was a waste of my hard earned, so I started to go to my local and watch it but that was full of fat bald 40 somthings in yid shirts who had no idea where Spurs are actually situated in London.
And also the usual sad bastards in Man U shirts who drove Ford Bandwagons that they jump on.:tosser: :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports