Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky faces paying extra £1.8bn for Premier League broadcast rights

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And where does that leave the home t v supporter? Does he have to subscribe to three or four t v providers in order to watch his team's games?

or buys a season ticket to watch all his teams games. more TV packages leads to more games televised, you dont have to watch them all, any more than i have to drink a pint of every beer the pub is selling. some may want to, and you have to pay more to do so.

Yoda

English & European
And where does that leave the home t v supporter? Does he have to subscribe to three or four t v providers in order to watch his team's games?

It is the fan who pays ......as usual.
I am still miffed that today's game is on BT and not Sky.

You could probably say hello to games kicking off at stupid o'clock to cater for their markets in America & Asia. :nono:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'd love to go back over 3,000,000 posts and identify those that regularly complain of overpaid players and see whether they are generally the same as those moaning about increasing subscriptions!!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is the same thing not said everytime the rights are up for auction? Seems for the last few auctions Amazon, Netflix, Al Jazeera et al are said to be involved.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Its getting to stage where higher bid prices actually leads to lower subscription numbers as people are unwilling to pay for other channels to watch games, and give up on existing if the monthly price rise is seen as too much asnd just go for the option to pay when their team is on.

How many Albion fans who have Sky have seen the BT sports option of £28 a month as good value nd brought so they watch the Albion this season, or decided its too much I won't bother and just watch live at the ground and on MOTD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here