[Help] Sky contract

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Got my bill reduced by £35 and upgraded to q

Similar thing happened to me - last week I got a similar deal for £40 for everything including Sports & Movies from Sky. 18 month commitment and they gave me a new Q box and installed it for free (even though there was nothing wrong with the old one, and I don't have a 4K TV so a bit pointless) but the deal seemed good for me as I know of people paying twice this much, and last year I was paying £49 for the lot, so a £9 per month saving!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Similar thing happened to me - last week I got a similar deal for £40 for everything including Sports & Movies from Sky. 18 month commitment and they gave me a new Q box and installed it for free (even though there was nothing wrong with the old one, and I don't have a 4K TV so a bit pointless) but the deal seemed good for me as I know of people paying twice this much, and last year I was paying £49 for the lot, so a £9 per month saving!

Including broadband and telephone, or just the TV package?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Including broadband and telephone, or just the TV package?

No just the TV package. Still it is £9 less than before.

I wasn't fussed about the new Q box but they seem to be putting them in as standard now. My neighbours old Sky+ box was faulty last year and he called them to come and mend it or replace it, and they replaced it with the new Q box and didn't charge him any extra cost or additional monthly subscription. Apparently the engineer said its now cheaper for them if everybody has the same style of box as they're not making the old ones anymore?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have just purchased a package, not from SKY for £50 p;er year andf includes all Sky Channels incl Sport and I am told PPV but havent tried that yet.
Yes, but that's illegal.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I have just purchased a package, not from SKY for £50 p;er year andf includes all Sky Channels incl Sport and I am told PPV but havent tried that yet.

My friend got his for £28 .So they said.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I've tried various services, but invariably buffering, unavailability when I've need it etc. had me giving up. I don't subscribe to movie and sports channels anyway.

If you've had an uninterrupted, problem free service for 4 years, then very well played. :clap2:

Please feel free to PM the details. :wink:

You have to b a believer first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
My friend got his for £28 .So they said.
Would your friend mind PMing my friend the details?

He's currently paying £0/month as his provider disappeared in December and hasn't billed him since, even though he still receives full service, but he fears it must end soon...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Threaten to cancel is the way to get a better deal.

I tried this a few times over the years but never really got anywhere than aa token reduction or two - until, that is, Virgin blitzed the town (and all it's pavements) a while back and installed fibre everywhere and carpet-bombed everyone with introductory offers. Got a 40% reduction from Sky as soon as I threatened to move over.................... guess they knew up to that point there was no viable option

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports