Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skinhead

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Nationalism/fascism.

I'm no fan of the late 70's Oi/skin scene, certainly bears little resemblance to the original mod to boot boy late 60's early 70's scene.

What is making a bit of a comeback, OI or skinheads?

You mentioned Madness, I remember the first time I saw them about 1980 or 81 at the Brighton Centre, a big mob of skinheads kicked the crap out of anyone around them in the standing area.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
seems to be a bit of a resurgance, at least in the fashion, of the classic skinhead look. I've seen a few "lads" of about 14 around and about with the boots, bomber jackets and braces etc. They don't seem to be as chavvy or up for it as the 70's/80's mob, in fact they seem rather effette and as with all things "uber macho" they come off rather gay. A kind of English version of the builder, cowboy etc from The Village People. But this is probably a sign of the times, a lot of young lads now walk about holding hands and hang around in groups with no girls and go drinking coffee and discuss things and go to the gym where they spend all their time working on their biceps and abs so they look good in a T-shirt rather than get a bit splashy and try and pull birds. Not a crtisism, merely an observation.

Flex Your Head

Proper youth culture, Railway bell was the place if you were in to the scene, you got to admire the old skool for sticking to their guns though.
regards
DR

Which one are you?

Skinheads.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here