attachment.php

Attachments

• skalak.jpg
    skalak.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,693

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
What a signing Skalak is turning into and what a goal tonight. Considering he's only been over here for three months, he has settled in so well. And he only cost £1 million!

Its been a insane start to his Albion career when he hasnt played that much football and to already have 5 assists and a goal this is what a lot of championship players would like all season.
But he has had criticism which is stupid as he is talented, a new signing from abroad and he has taken the club into his heart via his posts makes he appreciates the club and city.
Lets not push this players away with our moaning when does go badly as all teams will have these, hopefully we wont have any more now and keep up this insane spell where we looking a real force.
Keep it up seagulls

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Skalak what a load of ****. Over rated.

Hes made one error in his time here should have scored a 90th minute goal against someone I cant remember right now. Yes he doesnt do as much on the ball as Murph or French Knockers but bloody hell does he deliever.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Superb on the assists. Superb crossing. Superb goal. Overall play not as good as Murphy. That's the way I see it. Not enough pace or direct but a different option to what we have and a valuable squad player tbf.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Superb on the assists. Superb crossing. Superb goal. Overall play not as good as Murphy. That's the way I see it. Not enough pace or direct but a different option to what we have and a valuable squad player tbf.

would you start Murphy over Skalak? I think not. Also he's not really a winger so is it fair to compare him to out and out wingers? Actually I'm not sure what you'd call him. A 'forward'?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
would you start Murphy over Skalak? I think not. Also he's not really a winger so is it fair to compare him to out and out wingers? Actually I'm not sure what you'd call him. A 'forward'?

I would yes - Murphy has been great and was bang in form recently. Agree with you though, he's not a winger, winger so it's difficult to compare. Hughton knows best so I'll go with his decisions. I was adamant he should have brought Skalak off at HT tonight esp with the yellow to his name but look what happened next :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Its been a insane start to his Albion career when he hasnt played that much football and to already have 5 assists and a goal this is what a lot of championship players would like all season.
But he has had criticism which is stupid as he is talented, a new signing from abroad and he has taken the club into his heart via his posts makes he appreciates the club and city.
Lets not push this players away with our moaning when does go badly as all teams will have these, hopefully we wont have any more now and keep up this insane spell where we looking a real force.
Keep it up seagulls

Yeah but he's a strange looking bugger.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Whoscored.com reckons Jiri has six assists, although I can only find five...

Fulham
Forest
Brum
MK Dons
Cardiff

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Jiri has cemented Lua Lua's place further down the pecking order IMHO - purely because he has a better end product and work rate. His delivery on set pieces (along with Knocky) have added a new dimension of goal scoring opportunities that we were so badly missing in the first half of the season. I never used to get excited when we got a corner until those two came into the side !!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Jiri has cemented Lua Lua's place further down the pecking order IMHO - purely because he has a better end product and work rate. His delivery on set pieces (along with Knocky) have added a new dimension of goal scoring opportunities that we were so badly missing in the first half of the season. I never used to get excited when we got a corner until those two came into the side !!

So many statos out here tonight, we must have scored more set pieces (corners, free kicks) since Skalak, the strange looking boy, has been here than the part of the season when he wasn't? Our central defenders have certainly benefited.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Whoscored.com reckons Jiri has six assists, although I can only find five...

Fulham
Forest
Brum
MK Dons
Cardiff
Brum x 2

Technically he got a couple vs Fulham as well, knocking it on for Hemed's slightly jammy hatrick goal.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I would yes - Murphy has been great and was bang in form recently. Agree with you though, he's not a winger, winger so it's difficult to compare. Hughton knows best so I'll go with his decisions. I was adamant he should have brought Skalak off at HT tonight esp with the yellow to his name but look what happened next :thumbsup:

My mates and I said the same thing.

"Skalak should come off, he's got a yellow, he's a bit erratic and we've got Murphy just sat there"

I'm so pleased to be wrong.

Jimmy Grimble

Brum x 2

Technically he got a couple vs Fulham as well, knocking it on for Hemed's slightly jammy 2nd.

Probably my dodgy eyes, but I thought he won the free kick for our first tonight?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I thought that from memory, but when I checked he only gets Bruno's one? Unless it ricochets off him for Hemed's third?
See my edit. Assisted both at Birmingham so has at least 6 *clear* assists, and then it's down to what else counts (eg. ricochets, winning free kicks that are then converted as JG points out above). Could be on 8 in theory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here