Skalak

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Time played: 618 mins

Goals: 2

Assists: 6

Involved in a goal every 77.25 mins so far. Not bad.

That doesn't include the free kick from yesterday that was quite important to our opening goal, or the free kick he won that Knockaert scored from against QPR.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
i think what we are all saying from his biggest fan to warren aspinall is that he could probably do with some intense close control, dribbling and decision making under close attention drills in the off season

which would make him with that sweet right boot of his about a £10 million player, probably more

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Having spent a few years seeing us signing 'ones for the future' then isn't it great that we have signed one for now, and who in the future can only get even better?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Have they returned a verdict yet? :)

I was never in doubt that he'd put the ball in the back of the net yesterday, and it looks as though he's adapting progressively to the Championship/English football. So, he is -- or, more precisely, I am -- getting there with him. If he gets game-changing goals and assists in the next two games, it'll surely be time to throw reticence aside and fully commit :)

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I think I love him more than Ashley Barnes

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was never in doubt that he'd put the ball in the back of the net yesterday, and it looks as though he's adapting progressively to the Championship/English football. So, he is -- or, more precisely, I am -- getting there with him. If he gets game-changing goals and assists in the next two games, it'll surely be time to throw reticence aside and fully commit :)
FFS WTF are you on about?

6 assists, technically the 2 best goals of the season, at least 2 further goals created and you're still not sure whether to fully commit.

Do you honestly think you are entitled to MORE from a player new to the country, language & league, who is currently playing second division football and has his own Euro's Panini sticker.

He could Razak the rest of this season and he'd have still given us more than we deserved.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Do you honestly think you are entitled to MORE from a player new to the country, language & league, who is currently playing second division football and has his own Euro's Panini sticker.
Not so, unfortunately. :down:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

Sorry SB but he doesn't have his own Euro's Panini sticker :down:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
As for the Skalak , thing, I am still in the Murphy camp but I do concede that Skalak gives us something different. Murphy and Knockeart are quite similar and you cant play all 3 really but it is so nice to have all of these options available to us and it seems that the ones who don't make the starting 11 are more than happy to be part of the squad which when you have squad harmony you have team harmony.

We are blessed to have Murphy, Skalak and Knockeart. They have all done the business this season.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We are blessed to have Murphy, Skalak and Knockeart. They have all done the business this season.

Don't forget the winger who was Player of the Month for August!

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
The most promising thing is that he seems to be improving in every match. On his debut at Cardiff I thought he was absolutely appalling, and his next few matches weren't much better. Even at MK Dons where he set up a goal with a fantastic cross I still thought he was poor. But the Birmingham game three weeks ago was the first time I watched him and thought he was starting to look like a proper player, and he's got better in every match since then. He was easily our best player yesterday.

Also, while it is nice to have two speedy wingers who just want to run at the full-back, you have to accept that if you play 4-4-2 then the opposition will often outnumber you in midfield, so having a wide player who can contribute in terms of hard work and energy is important to make up the numbers in there.

He's definitely been given time to get used to the championship for a good reason. Both hughton and calderwood have mentioned how good skalak has been in training. I'd like to think it was just a matter of time before he started playing well in games.

Long may it continue.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Prague - Footballer George Skalák since his transfer at the turn of January and February came to England in ten matches for the second division Brighton just double chance in the starting formation, but does not regret going abroad. He would not have taken it as a mistake, even if he did not get because of the June European Championships. The nomination for the upcoming preparatory matches against Scotland and Sweden but missing.

"I just wanted to go out. I do not take it so much that I made a mistake. Now I have two objectives - to get to the Euro and to the Brighton advanced to the Premier League. When one of those two objectives fails, of course, would be really sorry. but the fact that I changed out, I would definitely come back, "he told reporters in Prague Skalák.

Of the ten duels played only twice since the beginning, in February against Cardiff at the weekend against Milton Keynes, and in both matches he scored assistance. "I got one chance and I played a good match. Unfortunately, we lost 1: 4. The other matches were won and the coach did not want to change it, so I had to wait for another chance," said Skalák.

"Nervous I was, we had some friendlies, all I odtrénoval, I was not injured. Coach talks to me all the time that it is satisfied that to me has nothing to be happy that I was there. I just have to wait for the chance" he said čtyřiadvacetiletý offensive midfielder.

While in the Czech league was used to playing all the time, now you have to get used to a smaller workload. "With that I was in England he went to such a risk there may be. It is not yet two months. I'm glad I played those two matches that I have a chance to get. It's something new for me, to football it belongs. I believe that there's a position I do like Boleslav. now that I've played, I've dug set pieces, I'm not afraid that I will not get into that position, "he said.

In the second English league is getting used to a strong football players does not spare on training. "The guys told me that I was a good person, but I'm too good at training. I must apparently be bigger crook on training, go into it more. In the Czech Republic in training to take somebody arrives soon quarrel and the player no longer even need nedotrénuje. In England, lying ten seconds, you shrug it off and go on, "compared Skalák.

His unit is in second place, which together with the first rung represents progress in the Premier League. Teams on the third to sixth place play playoff. "Burnley has a good series and rebounded. Otherwise it is a very balanced, they all play pretty much the same style of football. Play off is unpredictable, it is better to finish first or second and move directly," said Skalák.

Although Brighton power plays, representations coach Pavel Vrba after his hilarious autumn were also nominated for this year's opening duels. "When there are so many I do not play, coach Vrba see me. So I have to acknowledge some form of quality and to have a coach reason to take me to the Euro," said Skalák.

Shortly after returning from the national team reunion will already have your own house in England. "I chose about ten fifteen houses. It's very difficult because there is quite expensive. The second most expensive city in England. Prices for monthly rent there normally move in USD 150 thousand. I've designed a car over a teammate. Driving right, classically English, I look forward to how it will look, "he added.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here