Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Six Nations 2022 (game thread)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought it was always agreed that England were always on contention for the Six Nations until game 4 at least, and we would then **** it up. Seems odd we have ****ed up ahead of schedule thus rendering the whole tournament unwatchable?

The rugby this England team was never in contention to win imo. France and Ireland are streets ahead of this attrition rugby shit that we are useless at anyway. Hopefully Jones will be gone at the end of Six Nations, don’t want to be going into another WC with him and his style of rugby.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I thought it was always agreed that England were always in contention for the Six Nations until game 4 at least, and we would then **** it up. Seems odd we have ****ed up ahead of schedule thus rendering the whole tournament unwatchable?

Enjoy the flair of France. They'll light up the tournament with a Grand Slam. Best side in the world at the moment. :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For me a golden generation of players ruined by Eddie Jones.

England Rugby should have bit the bullet years ago and got rid.

Didn’t like the bloke, but begrudgingly I reckon Gatland (and Shaun Edwards) would’ve delivered grand slams for England.

With a far smaller pool of players, fitness issues (fat) and provinces versus WRFU politics, Graham Henry then Gatland turned them into brutal winners.

Since the 07 final in Paris, in the following 15 6-nations we so often self inflict losses. Wales, Scotland and Wales are not afraid of playing the ‘mighty’ England one jot. The aura built up since 1997, a distant memory.

France and Ireland will dominate northern hemisphere rugby for a while.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The rugby this England team was never in contention to win imo. France and Ireland are streets ahead of this attrition rugby shit that we are useless at anyway. Hopefully Jones will be gone at the end of Six Nations, don’t want to be going into another WC with him and his style of rugby.

This.

France and Ireland now replicate all that’s magical about All Blacks teams, also with the focused brutality of Kiwi packs.

Running from all angles, incredible execution and ball retention.

England are now playing the uncreative rugby a bitter Campese wrongly accused us of 20 years ago.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Didn’t like the bloke, but begrudgingly I reckon Gatland (and Shaun Edwards) would’ve delivered grand slams for England.

With a far smaller pool of players, fitness issues (fat) and provinces versus WRFU politics, Graham Henry then Gatland turned them into brutal winners.

Since the 07 final in Paris, in the following 15 6-nations we so often self inflict losses. Wales, Scotland and Wales are not afraid of playing the ‘mighty’ England one jot. The aura built up since 1997, a distant memory.

France and Ireland will dominate northern hemisphere rugby for a while.

Utter nonsense we didn't sign up Shaun Edwards, I watched RL for many years while Wigan pounded everyone into the turf - It didn't harm that they had Andy Farell, Jason Robinson and Martin Offiah of course...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XrkRutqFm4

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This.

France and Ireland now replicate all that’s magical about All Blacks teams, also with the focused brutality of Kiwi packs.

Running from all angles, incredible execution and ball retention.

England are now playing the uncreative rugby a bitter Campese wrongly accused us of 20 years ago.

Totally toothless performance today.

Jones must go.

I'm pleased I didn't watch it judging by the comments. Will whack it on later though knowing the result.

WTF is wrong with us ruining games and losing. The buck does stop with Jones. We have a pool of world class players of which his style doesn't suit. He is good for us at the World Cups though.

I'm going to Paris in March to France v England. That's gonna be a mauling if we are not careful. France are the best team in the world currently. World Cup faves for me too next year.

Will back them should we get knocked out early as I love their rugby.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
France playing a kicking game for some reason, surprised

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Given the way Italy are playing against France I think Jones may win England something this Six Nations…..a wooden spoon :wink:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Plus the hate from the jocks even when at the rugby over at their place is appalling, bordering on racist. Cannot stand them.
Yep,... I have been to Murrayfield half a dozen times to see England play, and usually win, the vitriol is very challenging. They try to dress it up as banter, but it is nothing of the sort in reality.... spite, bile... dogs abuse if you have any England paraphernalia on. ( Similar in Cardiff too,... though most of those aren't rugby fans at all, footy chavs on the beer)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What a fabulous game of rugby in the France vs Ireland game :bowdown:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What a fabulous game of rugby in the France vs Ireland game :bowdown:

I've got a lumpy wager on France to win the Six Nations @ 6/4 so it was mostly enjoyable. The game was spectacular for a neutral.

It's not over. France have to go to (a probably wet and blustery) Murrayfield next then Cardiff before finishing at home to England. Eddie Jones will likely to be gone by then. :eek:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Anyone know if the club are planning on screening the England game on the 26th - on the concourses?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The ITV commentator, Nick Mullins?, has the modern football commentator disease of a narrative.

Every yard gained by an Italian dangerous, their scrum amazing, barely mentioning their needless penalties, which he’d condemn England for.

We need to be three scores up to shut him up.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What a nice surprise I have just realised it’s the Wales vs France game tonight at 8

Allez Les Bleus :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here