Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Nigel Adkins!!!

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
Did anyone else see the good old Football League show last night, where some clown had texted in to say, that after their result against The Gas, the Southampton manager should be "Sir Nigel Adkins"!

Clearly, words fail me.

I had to rewind the piece to ensure I heard it correctly.

This lot from along the coast are so far up themselves, and still refuse publicly to say what a good team we are this season.

I really hope we ram their bitter words down their throats on Saturday, they end up in the play-offs, and then lose out to Rochdale, or in fact anybody else.

If stayed down I would love it, really love it. Now who said that once?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Surely it's not a sign that they are up themselves? I mean scraping a 1-0 victory v a team in the league one relegation zone isn't the sort of result that would have fans of a big club calling for a knighthood for their manager? Would Arsenal fans be calling for Arsene to be knighted if he scraped a 1-0 v Bristol? Would Pep Guardiola he heralded as a Sir for getting a win v Bristol Rovers?

No, this is a sign that they are starting to see themselves as a small team. A win v relegation fodder is an achievement worthy of regal reward.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Also on the same show Claridge , yet once again being a clown, said Rocha did nothing and didnty deserve a red card. Makes you wonder how he cpome to play so many games as he onviously cannot see straight. It was a clear headbut in the same mould as Greers.

Oh crap - I mean the league had already resigned to us being champs and Shampton are duking it out to be second. Surely people can cut them some slack when they're trying to encourage their cause to finish second.
I don't care if they lift Adkins and sing his praises on high, it's THEIR club and they actually are doing well this season!

FFS, our fans are opening up for the barrage of derision if Saints were to win at ours. Then we'll be putting up with it on here til next season when we might get a chance to turn them over.
Sure, of course they are gonna love it if they beat Brighton at Withdean, but although we don't need to fear them or anyone else I would hate for that game to taint this season win or lose.

A bit of 'panto' it may be, but some grace in success would actually place us higher in our own as well as other people's regard.

I fail to get any satisfaction from hooting at Southampton fans - Adkins maybe deserves a little cat-calling, but generally their fans have been pretty decent. Who would we prefer to go up other than them? Surely not cheating Bournemouth who don't much like us and take the piss whenever possible, and not MKDons - so that leaves it to Posh and HTFC doesn't it?

On merit, SCC and HTFC would be fine imo.

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
I must be missing something with this whole Southampton is a big team business. If this is the case, why were there 12500 empty seats at St fairies against Sheff Wed the other week, when the home team is challanging for honours and promotion.

Surely, the good people of Soton should be near filling the stadium with their passion to return to where 'they' think they belong. Instead, in yet another relatively new stadium the crowds are staying away, ala Coventry, Middlesborough etc.

I have nothing against the good people of Soton, I just think their manager is an ungracious lump!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course, if beating Rovers merits a knighthood the surely Liz, Chas and Bill should be stepping aside for the crowning of King Gus!!!!!

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also on the same show Claridge , yet once again being a clown, said Rocha did nothing and didnty deserve a red card. Makes you wonder how he cpome to play so many games as he onviously cannot see straight.

I doubt it's his eyesight that caused him to think that way, more his Pompey background.

(even though they sacked him as manager:lolol:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did anyone else see the good old Football League show last night, where some clown had texted in to say, that after their result against The Gas, the Southampton manager should be "Sir Nigel Adkins"!
Yes I did, and I couldn't believe it either. They had a more valuable team than us to start with, then they spent more than us, and they're 16 points behind us - so they think Adkins should be knighted. Well I guess Gus needs to be crowned King.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here