Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Sir Michael Gambon - RIP

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Layer Cake is one of the best gangster films of all time with Daniel Craig.

"How d'ya think these fackers earn a living, hmm?" "Mister Troop made a copy (of a recording)." 👏👏

RIP Sir Michael Gambon.
Daniel Craig's finest turn. Even that opening scene with the Cult's ' She Sells Sanctuary ' as they speed up to the same golf club as featured in Goldfinger.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I do hope you're not suggesting that the late actor had a career beyond The Singing Detective, Layer Cake and Harry f*cking Potter? ???

RIP Michael Gambon :down:
Yeah, never seen any Harry Potter ... and I missed his Maigret too. But The Singing Detective was wonderful, wish they'd repeat it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For those who haven’t seen the Harry Potter films, it was no mean task to step into Richard Harris’ shoes after the first two films.
The films weren’t a patch on the books, but the character of Professor Dumbledore is such a key character throughout the stories, it needed someone of Michael Gambon’s stature to take over, and still be believed, especially by the younger generation. He did it, and did it extremely well.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Obviously a superb and accomplished actor, if he cropped up in the cast of a film or a play, I knew I was in for a treat. Layer Cake was lifted tremendously by his presence.

However, his interviews stand out to me as genuinely joyous. He had a habit of making up stuff about himself to spice up interviews, largely to amuse himself , which was always fantastic.

I’ve since read that this was all just made up nonsense to amuse himself. Though, I believe Sean Connery did wear a syrup as Bond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here