Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIR David Beckham?

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
He's been working towards one for years. He's often derided for being a thick ****, but nothing he ever does or says hasn't already been planned and rehearsed with his PR team.
Can't ****ing stand the ****, but you have to admire a man who can cheat on his wife and have the entire ****ing media treat him as though he's the victim. His pouting mrs actually got more shit for him cheating than he did.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He's been working towards one for years. He's often derided for being a thick ****, but nothing he ever does or says hasn't already been planned and rehearsed with his PR team.
Can't ****ing stand the ****, but you have to admire a man who can cheat on his wife and have the entire ****ing media treat him as though he's the victim. His pouting mrs actually got more shit for him cheating than he did.

Indeed, Beckham stopped being a person long ago and became Brand Beckham. Everything he does is for The Brand but is packaged to look otherwise.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christi...vid-beckham-is-donating-his-salary-to-charity

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
No one with that many tattoos should be considered for a knighthood. He looks like a thug.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Knighted for being famous.
That would just about sum it up for me.Mind you,I suppose he is no less deserving than a few others I can think of.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Deserved

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If some bloke can get this award for riding about on his bike, then why not Knight Beckham for services to the Goldstone Ground ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd give him anything he wants. Deserves it all. Only player I've seen play for England who genuinely game 100% ever single second in every single game he was on the pitch.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Other than when he jumped over the ball instead of making a tackle, leading to Brazil zooming up the pitch to score in 2002.

Do me a favour, Nicky Butt and Ashley Cole both missed better opportunities to tackle after that than Becks, are you seriously blaming that one on him wide out on the right!?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Becks is not worthy of anything other than the understanding of how potentially world class football careers can go dramatically downhill when the ego loses control.
He never really improved from his trademark long balls. I felt like he was the heart of Englands dire football days when you'd see him whacking the ball 95 yards across the pitch for Kerion Dyer 50 times in a match. Apart from that Greece game, Beckhams England career has nothing to mention.
When he was at Real Madrid, he was often a sub. Even in the US he was no super star in terms of his ability.
God knows why he's been made to look like a legend? To be fair though, he looks good when it comes to underpants!

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd give him anything he wants. Deserves it all. Only player I've seen play for England who genuinely game 100% ever single second in every single game he was on the pitch.

If I was you, I wouldn't get in a lift with Tony Adams, Gazza ,Stuart Pearce.......

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Haven't got a problem with Sir David, but will Vic become Lady posh? ???

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here