Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Single ski holidays

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
We are going to Les Gets in feb, there is a spare room in the chalet i think, if you are a like minded chap that could get involved with some early 30's lad snowboarders, lots of drinking and apres ski, then maybe you could tag along! we have been there before so know the ski area well.

this is what youre in for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OsEe9mnj7U
Thats a fantastic gesture and much appreciated, but think it'll be early March before I can get away this year.
Les Gets is a great little resort though, been there a couple of times before, once you get over to Morzine the ski area is huge !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The perfect solution is Ski Freshtracks holidays (the Ski Club of Great Britain's holidays). Have numerous weeks, not all in France, where all skiers are solo travellers for the same reasons as you. I've tried it a couple of times and it's great ... within half a day you feel comfortable with your new ski buddies and pals away from the slopes. Single rooms, on some weeks with no supplement, are common.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Les Gets has some great tree lined runs and probably my favourite mountain restaurant anywhere: La Paika. It's by the blue slope off of the top of the Turche drag lift at the far end of the ski area and does a terrace BBQ all the way through the season (in all weathers). Worth a visit for any day that you might fancy a long lunch break.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have booked a week in La Tania via Thompson in March. Chalet. I have used them before to ski in Åre (Sweden). For the latter I had to pay a £150 surcharge for single room occupancy. But this time I have single occupancy with own bathroom at no extra charge. It's much easier to use a travel agent, I find. Good luck.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Try Club Med in La Plagne. Club Med are a best kept secret when it comes to skiing. All inclusive - superb food, all alcohol, ski pass, lessons/guiding. You will ski with a group of 8 to 10 for the week so will have some decent company tgat you will meet up with in the evening. I have been going with them for 20 years. Nevef disappointed. Last year our group all had single rooms at La Plagne with no supplement at all. Recommended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here