Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] "Single file you lycra clad twats"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even as a cyclist I find that a bit harsh! The cyclist pulled out to pass a parked car - and the highway code says you should give way to oncoming traffic before pulling out to pass parked vehicles on your side of the road. Granted - the car was slightly over the white line, but still.

The car should have slowed down, the cyclist is likely to be knocked off his bike at some stage if he couldn’t see the danger coming his way :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why on earth is the car partially in the other lane anyway :rolleyes:

Agreed, lucky it wasn’t an SUV isn’t it? There are plenty of drivers who don’t stick to their side of the white lines but normally on bends, blind bends with a **** on your side of the road travelling at speed being the most fun :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This'll stop those lycra twats riding on our mini parallel roads

[tweet]1515746411320647686[/tweet]

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don’t mind them cycling on country roads, so what if you can’t overtake them safely, a point will come when you can, life’s too short to get overworked up about it.

What really grinds my gears is cyclists on say for example the sea front heading west, in the feckin road, when the council have halved the road for them, a dedicated cycle lane….

Use it arrogant t@wts….

Surely for a cyclist to be using the road rather than the cycle path, there must be something severely wrong otherwise?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Doubt we'd be safe on the pavement either

[tweet]1517526696337027073[/tweet]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have to say I do envy your zen lifestyle, where you seemingly manage to drift serenely through life with all the time in the world.

I have just told a friend there’s no need for a “big shop”; that’s one entire evening he will now get back.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Even as a cyclist I find that a bit harsh! The cyclist pulled out to pass a parked car - and the highway code says you should give way to oncoming traffic before pulling out to pass parked vehicles on your side of the road. Granted - the car was slightly over the white line, but still.

The cyclist was still to the left of the centre line so entitled to pass the parked car. They also gave room to the parked car in case a door was opened unexpectedly.
The car driver was over the centre line, with the wing mirror dangerously close to the cyclist. The car driver was also prosecuted for speeding as well as careless driving.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody lycra twats taking up all the road

One for [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]

[tweet]1516648102270230530[/tweet]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bloody lycra twats taking up all the road

One for [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]

[tweet]1516648102270230530[/tweet]

Walking up Victoria Rd yesterday passed the BMW and Mercedes showrooms - the size of these beasts. What the hell is wrong with people being these monstrosities!? Just basic hatchbacks are now the size of 10 yr old SUVs. Sleepwalking into oblivion. But at least mine and Jnrs bike ride to the squash club along the OSR was safe.:rolleyes:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Walking up Victoria Rd yesterday passed the BMW and Mercedes showrooms - the size of these beasts. What the hell is wrong with people being these monstrosities!? Just basic hatchbacks are now the size of 10 yr old SUVs. Sleepwalking into oblivion. But at least mine and Jnrs bike ride to the squash club along the OSR was safe.:rolleyes:

Ego and deficiencies, err, elsewhere ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ego and deficiencies, err, elsewhere ?

Yes and yes but also sold on the FACT that they are safe.

'I love my children so much I have this £50,000 car to keep them safe'.

Ok sure there's an entire classroom of kids, I didn't see, stuck in the front grille.
But they aren't my children.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But driving would be so much easier if these Wiggo Wannabes were also in cars:-

[tweet]1517811206744346624[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder what sign this fella will get greeted by when he has the audacity to use the car zone

FRCSgbKXsAEclm6.jpeg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I wonder what sign this fella will get greeted by when he has the audacity to use the car zone

View attachment 147196

I saw a car parked like that the other day, my immediate reaction was, pick it up, scrap it. Although this one looks a bit staged and looks like one of those grey roads with 1 1/2 lanes and 1 1/2 pavements. A lot of the country was built before the car.

A minor infringement is one thing, but paring like a total c**t deserve corresponding action. YPLAC website is a good reference point here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I saw a car parked like that the other day, my immediate reaction was, pick it up, scrap it. Although this one looks a bit staged and looks like one of those grey roads with 1 1/2 lanes and 1 1/2 pavements. A lot of the country was built before the car.

A minor infringement is one thing, but paring like a total c**t deserve corresponding action. YPLAC website is a good reference point here.

The whole tweet

[tweet]1517874195388116994[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here