Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Single Bow Superstition

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I don't consider myself to be particularly superstitious, however following Saturday's result I may need to start. Dating back to early school days, and certainly reinforced in the Army, I've always been a double bow person when tying my shoelaces, never (or rarely would be a more accurate description) do I leave the house without a double bow. Saturday I put my shoes on to check something outside and thought I'd be taking them straight off again, so I made the crazy decision to just do a single bow. My mate arrived earlier than I thought and we jumped in the car and set off for The Amex.

Game played, massive victory secured and walking back to the car two things happened, yes, one lace came undone, but also I'd realised I'd been a crazy fool and spent four hours, at risk, with just a single bow, but we'd won. So, what happens on Thursday? Crocs, flip flops or the dreaded single bow?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't consider myself to be particularly superstitious, however following Saturday's result I may need to start. Dating back to early school days, and certainly reinforced in the Army, I've always been a double bow person when tying my shoelaces, never (or rarely would be a more accurate description) do I leave the house without a double bow. Saturday I put my shoes on to check something outside and thought I'd be taking them straight off again, so I made the crazy decision to just do a single bow. My mate arrived earlier than I thought and we jumped in the car and set off for The Amex.

Game played, massive victory secured and walking back to the car two things happened, yes, one lace came undone, but also I'd realised I'd been a crazy fool and spent four hours, at risk, with just a single bow, but we'd won. So, what happens on Thursday? Crocs, flip flops or the dreaded single bow?
Don't tempt fate by invoking superstition. Do whatever takes your fancy.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Take a bow son.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I notice that Lewis Dunk always begins each game by taking his position in defence, dropping to one knee and then doing up his boot laces. Surely that must be a superstition though I don't remember him ever referring to it. It worked well on Saturday. Not so well that time we crashed 5-0 at home to Bournemouth.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

Well done…..and there’s me thinking it was all down to RDZ and the team. Similarly, my lucky seagulls pants secured our victory at Chelsea (and elsewhere) but do I get any thanks?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I notice that Lewis Dunk always begins each game by taking his position in defence, dropping to one knee and then doing up his boot laces. Surely that must be a superstition though I don't remember him ever referring to it. It worked well on Saturday. Not so well that time we crashed 5-0 at home to Bournemouth.
This is what I don’t understand about superstitions…..the times they dont work seem to be forgotten. Like Jack Grealish and his little socks reason. I call BS on Grealish and reckon it’s more him wanting to be a bit different.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought this was going to be a thread paying homage to our new King. :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here