Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simple straw poll: New Home Shirt - YAY/NAY ?

New Home Shirt

• YAY

Votes: 96 15.8%
  • NAY

Votes: 403 66.5%
  • M-EH

Votes: 107 17.7%

• Total voters

May 21, 2023
Nice to see blue shorts and socks today.
Traditionally Albion wore white shorts; they adopted the kit and 'Albion' because they were told at the time "I want you to play like West Bromwich Albion", who were the top team at the time (So Revie changing Leeds kit from blue and yellow so they could 'play like Real Madrid' was well behind the times). I remember when the first nylon shorts arrived, you could see through the white ones. Personally, as long as the stripes stay you can have any colour shorts.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Still not a fan. excepting that it doesn't have the Tesco bag look.
That's because we're no longer sponsored by Nobo with their red logo.
I actually really like this season's kit.
I remember one season when we played in stripey shorts that made the whole thing look like pyjamas. I think that was when Clive Walker used to play for us.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
This season's shirt is legendary and should be retained for the European season. It isn't, and there is definitely a new one coming which really annoys me. Shirts should go back to being at LEAST 2 seasons.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
norman-the-redeemer-jpg.150236

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This season's shirt is legendary and should be retained for the European season. It isn't, and there is definitely a new one coming which really annoys me. Shirts should go back to being at LEAST 2 seasons.
Thankfully I'll remember this season for the team and not the shirt. Not for me, Clive.

Every year I longingly hope for a home shirt I might buy. At least the disappointment is consistent. I like the 2011/12 one.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I hated it, but it's been such a good season that I love it now. Our funny brains.
I don't like it, but the team performances have detracted from it.

We don't have to console ourselves 'Well at least we won the best Albion home shirt in the last ten years award'

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be honest I'm fairly easily pleased.

That means I don't mind as long as the stripes are blue and white and we don't have to put up with that shithouse Neal Maupay pin-stripe kit. God that was shit.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
No its not.

Its brilliant.

What's brilliant about it?
Of course It is disrespectful to take something that is sacred to many people and mock it or treat it as profane.
I'm not personally offended by it, but there's something sad about doing that. For the person who does it and for those who applaud it.
The statue of Christ the redeemer represents something very deep. It might not mean much to you, but that doesn't mean you have to trivialise it. But maybe that's the way people are. It's a reflection of society. How shallow and inane our society has become.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm actually thinking of buying one this season, when the version with the Europa League badges are released. Unless we're having a special one for Europe?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’m getting ready to booooooo.

Seriously though I hope it’s better this season, this year’s shirt was dreadful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here