[Football] Simon Jordan

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Jordan talks sense, sticks in my craw to admit it though. So does Keown but White is just an irritating noise

Agreed. I find Jordan frustratingly knowledgeable and persuasive. White is just full of clichés and as for Trevor Sinclair (different programme) I find him incredibly big headed and taking reflective glory for the most obscure things (today I heard him say the Willie Donachie had one told him that when they were apprentices he knew that one day TS would score a wonder over head kick goal!)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I know hes ex Palace and I should dislike him........but this guy has got me hooked on Talksport in the mornings...

I love his argumentative approach.....how he can work with Jim White though?

Stand by for the Simon Jordan haters.

Exactly the same, I could never stand him before, thought he was a total prick, but have over time really come to admire his intelligence and 'say it how it is', directness. He talks a lot of sense, and I often agree with him

White, Jordan and Danny Murphy are all so different, but compliment each other.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Exactly the same, I could never stand him before, thought he was a total prick, but have over time really come to admire his intelligence and 'say it how it is', directness.

White, Jordan and Danny Murphy are all so different, but compliment each other.

Do you mean that White sucks up to everyone??

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Always been a TS listener but struggling these days. White and Jordan mid mornings is just about the only things I enjoy now. Bring back The Two Mikes.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I really like Simon Jordan and enjoy the programme. It is the best show on Talksport . The Alan Brazil show is like a load of school kids .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like him.

But I rarely listen, only because I forget he’s on. Always a great show when a club’s in crisis or they keep making transfer blunders (Spuds, ManUre, Everton).

He reveals all the shenanigans in an unscrupulous sport eg agents.

Plus he calls it early and correctly on subjects such as Solskjaer being shit, when the rest of the football were in silly reverence.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I know hes ex Palace and I should dislike him........but this guy has got me hooked on Talksport in the mornings...

100% agree with you. I think he's superb and actually don't think he's argumentative either - it just seems that way because he challenges the non-comments by 90% of other pundits. He talks so much sense and is so refreshing. He is also complementary about the Albion as well.

I listen to him every day now on Talksport. Not a huge fan of Jim White - enjoyed it more when Natalie Sawyer covered for him the other week.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You called?

How can I help?

Expand…this is interesting, Albion fans praising Jordan and a Palace fan turns up who seems to want to grind an axe…I think?

I think I may have an idea why though :smile:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Expand…this is interesting, Albion fans praising Jordan and a Palace fan turns up who seems to want to grind an axe…I think?

I think I may have an idea why though :smile:

I’d love to but I fear the OP finds my appearance on his thread to be unwelcome so I best not continue.

Maybe next time he posts that he’s standing by waiting for the Jordan haters he might make it clear that opinions of palace fans aren’t welcome. Bizarre on a topic such as this but it’s his bubble. :)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Whenever I hear Jordan, he's absolutely RINSING Sinclair or Mills, which is FINE.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not a talksport defender but in this case your generic comment about this show is inaccurate.

The show Jordan is on has mostly been discussing the situation at Derby (covered really well), Everton's manager search and the relegation battle in recent times.

Jordan speaks A LOT about us and how we conduct our business.

I listen to this show and the Rushden/Baker show on saturday mornings which I find entertaining. The joy of smart speakers is, when an ad comes on, just ask the speaker to play something else for a few mins.

What I generally do when WFH is just switch on the smart TV and put it on YouTube. Whenever the ads / traffic / news etc comes on, it breaks to blissful.....silence. Till the show resumes. Ideal.

As for Jordan, he clearly loves the sound of his own voice and if he was an ice cream he'd eat himself. But he knows football, and football finance inside out, and doesn't bother to filter his views. It makes for very good radio, because he cuts through all the bullshit and 'tells it how it is'. Annoyingly he's nearly always bang on the money. Its unfortunate that he's lumbered with the SUPREME sycophant Jim Shite, who feverishly RIMS just about everyone he speaks to, but I like how Jordan takes the piss out of him.

Its pretty much all I listen to on TS as it fits in with my morning work routine, a bit of background. Max and Barry are good on Sundays as well, but the rest of it...nah.

BTW, Jordans book Be Careful What You Wish For is a cracking read.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Have you finally got rid of that old RAF wireless and upgraded to DAB :D

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Always been a TS listener but struggling these days. White and Jordan mid mornings is just about the only things I enjoy now. Bring back The Two Mikes.

Has there been an official line on why they went their separate ways / fell out?

Been listening to the back catalogue recently and it works!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports