Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Adingra - 20 year old Ivory Coast forward - Signed 24/06/2022

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
Oh I’m sure there will be some Chelsea fans stroking their beards smugly confident that they are now wise to Brighton’s scams in the transfer market - that Sky News is now apparently in with our conspiracy to rip Chelsea off with inflated transfer prices for players that come built in with a ‘mission impossible self-destruct device’ should they chose to accept their offer will be taken as a sign that they are slowly slipping into media obscurity - they may try and offer £8 million but I suspect they will be very hypersensitive that ’the bastards are out to get them’ again and stay well clear. 😎

It's not only their beards they'll be stroking :tosser:

Jimmy Grimble

Ready to take a hit on this, but I thought he was nowhere near his best up until he scored! He definitely wasn’t MotM!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Ready to take a hit on this, but I thought he was nowhere near his best up until he scored! He definitely wasn’t MotM!
He was fine.

But yes that's where the hype train has stopped at the moment. Media needs some sort of story

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
I can’t see him not playing there next season unfortunately with Osman as back-up. ☹️

Then see him playing there next season with Fati next to him after we've fleeced Barça for Mitoma + cash, then look over to the right side with Solly. Not to mention Pervis/Enciso and Hinsh/Tariq/JPVH flying up the wings when opportunity knocks. And the not-quite-ready-for-prime-time young guns stepping in and making their mark when injuries hit...

punk:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

That is your opinion and we all see different aspects to a match performance- there’s no real right or wrong here.

Mitoma also shone as did Gross for his assists (as I mentioned above and during the Match Thread) but for me, it wasn’t so much the goals (although they were great) and nothing to do with his AFCON achievements but Adingra’s constant attacking into that top right corner to put in some great crosses which helped drive our game forward for much of the match, even when it was dipping at the beginning of the second half.

(The BBC and Sky Sports also have him as their MOTM when I checked this morning and I don’t think that’s media hype - he deserves it imo)

Last edited:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I had Gross, Gilmour and Adingra in that order. Gross, even in the 94th minute was in the number 10 position pressing high to win the ball back. He‘s a machine. Nobody ever man marks him, as teams tend to man mark the person with pace and finishing. Pascal is the master at taking advantage of this. The stats on his game involvement today are record breaking, phenomenal.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I had Gross, Gilmour and Adingra in that order. Gross, even in the 94th minute was in the number 10 position pressing high to win the ball back. He‘s a machine. Nobody ever man marks him, as teams tend to man mark the person with pace and finishing. Pascal is the master at taking advantage of this. The stats on his game involvement today are record breaking, phenomenal.
I agree with every you say about Gross - I don’t think anyone can question his qualities and he is undoubtedly our best all round player (imo!) but that’s different for me than recognising a transient MOTM accolade. I said a few weeks back that Gross is good enough to be MOTM just about every time he plays and his performance yesterday was no different- he is consistently good in an undramatic and unselfish way and his best work is often off the ball - because of that he gets underrated - I said much the same of Gilmour too last week - some of his playing now is stunningly good..

However, when a player stands out in the field in a way he doesn’t normally as having had an impact on a particular match’s outcome for that day, (and not just scoring goals as said above) for me, they earn MOTD nomination. The work Adingra was putting into the top right corner was consistently top notch yesterday in preventing Sheffield from forming a tight central block. Gross always impacts positively on our performance from match to match - he should be our Player‘s Player and fans Player of the Season not lauded just for one day - one can’t award MOTM to the best player in the squad each week simply because he is the best player in the squad each week or has the best stats in the EPL 🙂

I know weird reasoning …but yes … he spanked it yesterday and is getting better and better. Adingra, Gross and Gilmour were key drivers of play but Adingra stood out for me.

Other than that, totally agree with the general assessment and sentiments of Kevin Parvizi

Just as an aside - I was not at the match so dependent on whatever field of view Sky Sports chose to show me - which invariably means focussing on the ball in possession for a the few seconds it is with each player, perhaps if I’d been at the match, I would have had a different ’assessment.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I agree with every you say about Gross - I don’t think anyone can question his qualities and he is undoubtedly our best all round player (imo!) but that’s different for me than recognising a transient MOTM accolade. I said a few weeks back that Gross is good enough to be MOTM just about every time he plays and his performance yesterday was no different- he is consistently good in an undramatic and unselfish way and his best work is often off the ball - because of that he gets underrated - I said much the same of Gilmour too last week - some of his playing now is stunningly good..

However, when a player stands out in the field in a way he doesn’t normally as having had an impact on a particular match’s outcome for that day, (and not just scoring goals as said above) for me, they earn MOTD nomination. The work Adingra was putting into the top right corner was consistently top notch yesterday in preventing Sheffield from forming a tight central block. Gross always impacts positively on our performance from match to match - he should be our Player‘s Player and fans Player of the Season not lauded just for one day - one can’t award MOTM to the best player in the squad each week simply because he is the best player in the squad each week or has the best stats in the EPL 🙂

I know weird reasoning …but yes … he spanked it yesterday and is getting better and better. Adingra, Gross and Gilmour were key drivers of play but Adingra stood out for me.

Other than that, totally agree with the general assessment and sentiments of Kevin Parvizi

Just as an aside - I was not at the match so dependent on whatever field of view Sky Sports chose to show me - which invariably means focussing on the ball in possession for a the few seconds it is with each player, perhaps if I’d been at the match, I would have had a different ’assessment.

Posted on another thread ……love this from the press review....

Finally, a nod to our number 13 from Kevin Parvizi of website The Trivela Effect, “There are so many talented players on Brighton, but nobody stands out more than veteran playmaker Pascal Gross, who had a performance that had to be seen to be believed against Sheffield,” he wrote.

“On paper, it may look like Gross had just the one assist, but this was legitimately one of the best single-game performances of any player in European football this season – if not THE best.

“Look at the numbers. Gross had eight key passes and nine accurate crosses, completing an absolutely absurd 97 per cent of his passes on a total of 113 passing attempts. That is a historically great passing day.

“For a playmaker to be that accurate and still create such a volume of chances is extraordinary, and it speaks to all of Gross's traits that have made him one of the best players in his role in Europe over the years, whether in Germany or England. Take a bow for this one, Mr. Gross.”

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The funniest example was this, from 02:15:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Posted on another thread ……love this from the press review....
You just cut and pasted exactly the same original Trivela article - I just linked to above that Brighton media review is quoting here - I guess you didn’t click on the link in my post or connect the author/website? 🙄

From my link above:

“There are so many talented players on Brighton, but nobody stands out more than veteran playmaker Pascal Groß, who had a performance that had to be seen to be believed against Sheffield.

On paper, it may look like Groß had just the one assist, but this was legitimately one of the best single-game performances of any player in European football this season – if not THE best.

Yes, it was against Sheffield, but playing this well against any first-division side in European football is highly impressive, as Groß pulled the strings and was at the heart of this 5-0 victory.

Look at the numbers. Groß had eight key passes and nine accurate crosses, completing an absolutely absurd 97 percent of his passes on a total of 113 passing attempts.

That is a historically great passing day.

For a playmaker to be that accurate and still create such a volume of chances is extraordinary, and it speaks to all of Groß traits that have made him one of the best players in his role in Europe over the years, whether in Germany or England.

It’s a shame Groß only gets a fraction of the credit he deserves. If compatriot Toni Kroos is underrated at Real Madrid, then the 32-year-old Brighton man is ridiculously overlooked for the Seagulls, even with all the attention on the Premier League.

Take a bow for this one, Mr. Groß. There are not many deep-lying playmakers who could control a game like this one and put together eight key passes while barely misplacing one. Kroos would be proud indeed.”

🙂

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You just cut and pasted exactly the same original Trivela article - I just linked to above that Brighton media review is quoting here - I guess you didn’t click on the link in my post or connect the author/website? 🙄

From my link above:

“There are so many talented players on Brighton, but nobody stands out more than veteran playmaker Pascal Groß, who had a performance that had to be seen to be believed against Sheffield.

On paper, it may look like Groß had just the one assist, but this was legitimately one of the best single-game performances of any player in European football this season – if not THE best.

Yes, it was against Sheffield, but playing this well against any first-division side in European football is highly impressive, as Groß pulled the strings and was at the heart of this 5-0 victory.

Look at the numbers. Groß had eight key passes and nine accurate crosses, completing an absolutely absurd 97 percent of his passes on a total of 113 passing attempts.

That is a historically great passing day.

For a playmaker to be that accurate and still create such a volume of chances is extraordinary, and it speaks to all of Groß traits that have made him one of the best players in his role in Europe over the years, whether in Germany or England.

It’s a shame Groß only gets a fraction of the credit he deserves. If compatriot Toni Kroos is underrated at Real Madrid, then the 32-year-old Brighton man is ridiculously overlooked for the Seagulls, even with all the attention on the Premier League.

Take a bow for this one, Mr. Groß. There are not many deep-lying playmakers who could control a game like this one and put together eight key passes while barely misplacing one. Kroos would be proud indeed.”

🙂
It happens (particularly with long posts that might not get fully read). Not sure why you’ve pasted it again though:shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It happens (particularly with long posts that might not get fully read). Not sure why you’ve pasted it again though:shrug:
The only mantra worth remembering for this place is:-

'Less Is More'.

(or just 'less' if the mantra itself is TL;DR)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'll rarely click on links, or read everything in REALLY long posts, so your way helps, Dazzer. Even if I seen it before when you posted it in the other thread :lolol:

Reactions: cjd

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The funniest example was this, from 02:15:

I always enjoy those highlights. Best thing in them is JAMES TARKOWSKI. Watch it again, and just focus on him for each of the goals. His efforts for the third and fourth are especially brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here