Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sian O'Callaghan search -2 bodies found

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Police searching for missing Sian O'Callaghan have found her body - and another murder victim - and are questioning a man suspected of both killings.

The 47-year-old is also being quizzed on suspicion of kidnap. The 22-year-old woman was last seen leaving the Suju nightclub in Swindon on Saturday.

Miss O'Callaghan's family have been informed of the development.

The second body has yet to be identified.

'Deeply distressed'
The news came hours after police seized a green taxi which was seen early on Saturday.

The Toyota Avensis estate with taxi markings was seen between 0300 GMT and 0400 GMT and 1200 GMT to 2100 GMT on Saturday between Swindon and Savernake Forest where police have been searching.

Det Supt Steve Fulcher said: "A 47-year-old man from Swindon is in custody, having been arrested for kidnap and two murders.

"The location of two bodies have been identified to me by this individual, one of whom has yet to be identified formally, but I am quite clear is Sian.

"I have informed Sian's family, who are obviously deeply distressed."

He added: "I want to recover these people and give them the dignity they deserve."

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This story, quite literally, makes me sick to the stomach. When I was reading about this, it struck me I hadn't spoken to my friend in Swindon for a few days. It's funny the conclusions you jump to.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
This story, quite literally, makes me sick to the stomach. When I was reading about this, it struck me I hadn't spoken to my friend in Swindon for a few days. It's funny the conclusions you jump to.

Its hit me in the stomach this. Sickening. I have met sians bloke kev a few times and suju club is 400yrds from my family home. Loads of my football mates knew her really well.

Swindon really came together as a community to help the search and that fucker had a search poster up in his cab. Utter ****.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
My youngest daughter went to Dorcan Tech with Sian....both my kids who live with partners have bee here at my place tonight.

The Taxi driver lived close to Sian in a suberb called Nythe, thats about 1 mile from my house here in Liden, Swindon.

the rumours amongst the young here is that the taxi driver was known to the family of sian...

My kids were due to go out to Old Town for a birthday party tonight, that has been cancelled.

They are both scared to get taxis, The streets in Swindon tonight are very very quiet tonight...

There is a second body but no one has been reported missing, only a lad from Bath University on Saturday.

Out thoughts here are with Sian's Family tonight..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Derek Bird and now this tragedy, what is it with taxi drivers? One of them beat up a neighbour of mine last weekend with a cosh too, left him with 26 stitches.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Tragic, just tragic. Scum deserves life at best.
I will not go at taxi drivers though, there must be 10000+ in the uk so you are bound to get a few who are scum, but most have to deal with idiots.

Why oh why do these wierdos do this. To kill another human being for some weird kick.

I just despair sometimes :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here