[Albion] Shut up about the injuries!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The effort given by the 11 players on the pitch has got nothing to do with injuries, and everything to do with the managers and coaches attitudes, or the players motivation to play for them.

The sooner this Italian clown is out of our club the better. He is STINKING the place out at the moment.
Hi junior. Name me one manager you have liked since we first knew each other at withdean!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Have there been any actual credible rumours about selling Mitoma? Or is it just fear mongering?

Seems like it would be moronic timing to sell him now given the state of the team and the fact he's barely played this year. His value is at its lowest.
Reports that both Manchester clubs and Arsenal are vying to buy him come the seasons end. Highest bidder scenario

We have 2 groups of fans.

Group A - Those that have seen this coming from months ago.
&
Group 2 - Those that are finally waking up to the reality of the situation.
Well said hopefully the second group will calm down a bit, it’s a dispiriting experience watching the Albion right now but driving a good manager out of the club may not actually make it any better

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
fed up with people whining about the injuries and blaming them as the source of all our woes. newcastle have had more minutes lost to injury than us. wolves have about 10 fit first teamers, both sides showing significantly more passion and togetherness than us.

this is nothing to do with injuries at this point and everything to do with crap recruitment, crap squad planning, crap management, crap tactics, a set piece coach that is stealing a living and above else a god awful mentality!

at least we’ve made £122M profit though!!

:goal:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not so much the minutes more the personal. It’s clear as clear can be we can’t seem to play how we want without Mitoma and March. It’s clear as day the CM area overall is lacking quality wether there all fit or not. It’s clear that RB we are short and LB we lack depth. CB if we are honest with ourselves there isn’t a side most likely in the top 16 that have worse CB pairings. Love Dunk and JPVH but Dunk is past his peak JPVH should be 3rd choice we have chucked him in to a full European campaign after a loan in the championship. Igor I don’t think much of and Webster for the way we play just doesn’t seem to work.
We over achieved last year - although with a better team. This year we are probably still over achieving but because of a good start. Current form table has us 18th - we are slightly better than that but not much. That coupled with we are trying to play like a top 4 side and the fact we have been found out tactically leads to the current form

:goal:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Surprised no one else had noticed we are a one man Mitoma team.
Adingra did threaten to cover mitoma being out and at times was on fire . He went a few games where he really was the main man . Unfortunately , he’s also turned to mostly toilet .

Some of the holes in the squad should of been addressed .

Football teams rarely have no injuries though so crying about it constantly hasn’t helped .

2024 has been shite football wise

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Not so much the minutes more the personal. It’s clear as clear can be we can’t seem to play how we want without Mitoma and March. It’s clear as day the CM area overall is lacking quality wether there all fit or not. It’s clear that RB we are short and LB we lack depth. CB if we are honest with ourselves there isn’t a side most likely in the top 16 that have worse CB pairings. Love Dunk and JPVH but Dunk is past his peak JPVH should be 3rd choice we have chucked him in to a full European campaign after a loan in the championship. Igor I don’t think much of and Webster for the way we play just doesn’t seem to work.
We over achieved last year - although with a better team. This year we are probably still over achieving but because of a good start. Current form table has us 18th - we are slightly better than that but not much. That coupled with we are trying to play like a top 4 side and the fact we have been found out tactically leads to the current form
Can everyone stop banging on about Mitoma and March. Yes we've missed them but when the players were playing for this manager, when the manager believed in his employers, we beat Spurs with a fanatstic attacking performance and we had NO yes NO wingers.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Adingra did threaten to cover mitoma being out and at times was on fire . He went a few games where he really was the main man . Unfortunately , he’s also turned to mostly toilet .

Some of the holes in the squad should of been addressed .

Football teams rarely have no injuries though so crying about it constantly hasn’t helped .

2024 has been shite football wise
He is hardly toilet. He is expected to pick up the mantle of march and Mitoma and is very young still and his first season in the prem.

he gets precious little supply as they f*** about passing between dunk and JPVH over and over again.

was the same with Ferguson and fati….our game without Mitoma and Pedro on form does not suit strikers at all!

if you look at it dispassionately, last season we were the new kids on the block with new tactics and a fabulous passing game that most teams couldn’t handle! This pre season we were watched, picked apart and a lot of clubs now play our way with better players, better coaches and adopt a press on us that screws with our game. Our once used fast breaks have evaporated and our game stagnates in defence and midfield and a lot of times ( Sheffield United, burnley, West Ham etc) we haven’t the guile to break down 10 man defences.

and if you remember Milner was used to patch up the injuries and he was superb…as was hinch.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Can everyone stop banging on about Mitoma and March. Yes we've missed them but when the players were playing for this manager, when the manager believed in his employers, we beat Spurs with a fanatstic attacking performance and we had NO yes NO wingers.
🤷‍♂️ they are the best 2 wingers we have got for the way we play. They have been missing for months. We may well play well here and there without them but more often than not as is clear at the moment we can’t. It’s not the only short fall we have there are many.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
He is hardly toilet. He is expected to pick up the mantle of march and Mitoma and is very young still and his first season in the prem.

he gets precious little supply as they f*** about passing between dunk and JPVH over and over again.

was the same with Ferguson and fati….our game without Mitoma and Pedro on form does not suit strikers at all!

if you look at it dispassionately, last season we were the new kids on the block with new tactics and a fabulous passing game that most teams couldn’t handle! This pre season we were watched, picked apart and a lot of clubs now play our way with better players, better coaches and adopt a press on us that screws with our game. Our once used fast breaks have evaporated and our game stagnates in defence and midfield and a lot of times ( Sheffield United, burnley, West Ham etc) we haven’t the guile to break down 10 man defences.

and if you remember Milner was used to patch up the injuries and he was superb…as was hinch.
agreed with everything up until the milner comment at the end. he’s had one good game against spurs, other than that he’s been a complete waste of a squad space, and symptomatic of the club doing things on the cheap last summer

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
agreed with everything up until the milner comment at the end. he’s had one good game against spurs, other than that he’s been a complete waste of a squad space, and symptomatic of the club doing things on the cheap last summer
I thought he played well in the European games

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We'll stick with the model which has got us to where we are. We could blow the money, upset the wage structure and sink down the league.

RDZ has lost a bit of focus, not surprising with all the speculation but whilst this season fizzles out, it has still probably been the best we've had taking into account our overseas adventures. I'm guessing RDZ didn't want to lose both MacAllister and Caicedo in the same window and I would think the plan was that Caicedo was here for another year before moving.

Frustrating as it is, I'm still looking forward to next season with RDZ at the helm.

Stumpy Tim

I keep on saying , we lost 3 central midfielders from last season including Mwepu
and replaced with a 37 year old ,
a free transfer lightweight, and a you player who had Not played 25 first team matches
this is why we are struggling, we have no midfield
The thing about the midfield is that we've played Gross and Gilmour in the double pivot in some cracking wins... 3-0 away to Arsenal (Caicedo was at right back), 6-0 v Wolves, 4-1 away to Wolves, 3-1 v Newcastle etc. I'm not saying we don't miss Caicedo and MacAllister, but IMO we have missed March and Mitoma a lot more.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As a club it has a policy to sell a prized asset and vital part of the squad as soon as there is a decent profit. All well and good in the short term not sure it is going to work long or even medium term as we are finding out painfully now. We cannot assume we will just keep on unearthing gems get them up to speed and then just sell. Looking very much like Southampton plan as of today and we know how that all ended. I guess that is why De Zerbi is feeling a bit let down this season

boik

I like them will. I'm just not afraid to voice my opinion once I spot we've reached the top of the curve and are on the way down.
Yes, but you had the knives out for Potter for months. And then he found the sweet spot and we were playing so well that people were gutted when he left and some even want him back. Maybe you're not quite the judge of managers that you think you are.

Football is and always has been a game of ups and downs. You can't just throw your toys out during a sticky patch - thats the Watford way and where are they now?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Seven of our players used today started in our team that ripped Tottenham (4-2) apart in December and seven of them also started against Palace (4-1) in February - so something else must be wrong apart from injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports